Active Topics

Has anyone else experienced this problem before? sometimes I get no notifications of received test messages, its not until I open the message app that I see there is a new SMS from somebody, it seems to happen randomly.
Also the other day I was talking to a friend who asked why I didn't reply to their SMS, and my reply was that I didn't receive the SMS, so I opened up the message app and there was no SMS in there, it wasn't until I rebooted that I received the SMS.

This leaves me with no confidence in the messaging app, I'm running the latest PR 1.1

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by guzz46 View Post
Has anyone else experienced this problem before? sometimes I get no notifications of received test messages, its not until I open the message app that I see there is a new SMS from somebody, it seems to happen randomly.
Also the other day I was talking to a friend who asked why I didn't reply to their SMS, and my reply was that I didn't receive the SMS, so I opened up the message app and there was no SMS in there, it wasn't until I rebooted that I received the SMS.

This leaves me with no confidence in the messaging app, I'm running the latest PR 1.1
This has happened to me before... everytime I reflash it goes away, so my suggestion is reflash your N9...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
This has happened to me before... everytime I reflash it goes away, so my suggestion is reflash your N9...
Does that mean it eventually happens to you again once you've reflashed it?

Does that mean it eventually happens to you again once you've reflashed it?
Yeah it does, I think it has to do with the number of messages, in the messaging app that are present at the time...

I could be wrong, though something I do causes it to come back, it never happens until I do something that triggers it... you have to remember though, I'm flashing and modding my phone more than a couple times a week...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Couldn't you just delete older messages periodically?

Or persuade a developer to create an app that would backup older messages and then delete them.

Originally Posted by impact View Post
Couldn't you just delete older messages periodically?

Or persuade a developer to create an app that would backup older messages and then delete them.
The last version of Nokia suite would back them up for you, I stupidly updated and now I can't...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Ok I did a reflash, I won't do anymore mods to it and I'll see how it goes.

Just an update, the problem has come back again, hopefully the next firmware release will fix this bug, as it stands I have to open the messaging app every hour or so just to check if there are any new messages it hasn't notified me of.

This happened to me too. In addition, if I select a msg then press delete, it will take some time before it actually deletes it. I think its because of the number of SMS you saved. When I deleted msgs this didnt happen anymore. And didnt happen again for as long as I dont keep plenty of msgs

Just an update, the problem has come back again, hopefully the next firmware release will fix this bug, as it stands I have to open the messaging app every hour or so just to check if there are any new messages it hasn't notified me of.
I watched this closely as well, I know flashing it stops it for awhile, but it always comes back... hope this bug is fixed in PR1.2 as well.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix