Active Topics

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Actually most PC mobo's can probably pump out ~1A...
?!? From a single port? I don't recommend trying that in home. 500 mA is both system-level and hardware-level limitation (so, when you exceed it, system and hardware "shout" at You simultaneously), due to USB specification.

So, if You own motherboard that put 1A of juice under any major operating system (any linux, windoza, etc), I would be afraid of connecting anything to it, via USB

// Edit

There is special "charging" port, on some MB and notebooks, but it's not working on data mode. It's basically a build-in AC-DC converter with USB port (using computer power source as AC input - don't take it literally, it's still controlled by chip, not direct AC/DC - but, basically, effect is the same).
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Estel, thanks for warning
it's a good remark - people should not burn their laptops or other devices, in a case those devices are sensitive (and have no 'proof' for such cases).

(maybe there are some tools to check and choose the charge circuit, as it is in the maemo's 'bme' - needs check )

Last edited by Aravinda; 2011-11-22 at 18:35. Reason: removed obsolete information

The Following User Says Thank You to Aravinda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Hungary

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PanzerSajt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Despite hating *buntu on the desktop, even i would prefer it over Antoyid...

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
There was an interesting talk about first-boot settings (jasper-initramfs) in preinstalled images on the IRC:
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/11/24...rm.html#t09:14

Last edited by int_ua; 2011-11-24 at 10:23. Reason: timezone

The Following User Says Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Did that mean charge21.sh worked for you? NIN101, do you know who is the author? Is it published as FOSS?
Yes ; ShadowJK ; I think so

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NIN101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Hungary
I have found some interesting news on the internet. Somebody made it possible to run Arc Linux natively on the N900.

He made DSP and battery charging possible, so we need to work together to create a linux distro that runs perfectly on our sweet N900.

http://dismantle-it.blogspot.com/201...okia-n900.html

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1043492

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PanzerSajt For This Useful Post:
I have found some interesting news on the internet. Somebody made it possible to run Arc Linux natively on the N900.
He didn't accomplish something special so far. He also wants us to disable watchdogs, which means he doesn't deal with them properly. Then, using kernels from maemo is a step back. If we already make an alternative, we shouldn't take the old maemo stuff with us.

Last edited by NIN101; 2012-01-22 at 11:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to NIN101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Nice :-) People still discussing the topic :-)

Thanks to int_ua for his hint with uboot for Power Kernel.
(I have installed that which has 'matan' in its name - some Check student did that :-), that works (loading either ubuntu or PK on demand))

( Still )Nobody from ofono people responded on the ask to compile their program for our tested OS

Last edited by Aravinda; 2012-01-23 at 19:07.

So, compile it Yourself? It shouldn't be cosmic-sciene for even moderate coder, yep?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!