How to add something like Easy Debian into forced-portrait mode blacklist? It's started via /usr/bin/debwm wrapper, which in turn, call /usr/bin/debian-lxde script. The latter consist of voodoo around Xephyr (adding it to blacklist isn't entirely good idea, yep?), and got some calls to debbie-sue.

I've tried adding all of them in different combinations to blacklist (except for Xephyr), yet, ED still turns around. Considering, that ED got now fully working, internal rotation, it would be great to properly blacklist it, without disabling forced rotation overall.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Hello experts,

I'm having difficulty in blacklisting these two apps...

1. battery-eye edit: got it... its "beye.py"
2. reverstris-lite

anyone with successful solution would be thankful...

(p.s. sorry for my english)

Last edited by TransTech; 2012-01-26 at 08:07.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
Hello experts,

I'm having difficulty in blacklisting these two apps...

1. battery-eye edit: got it... its "beye.py"
2. reverstris-lite

anyone with successful solution would be thankful...

(p.s. sorry for my english)
I'm also unable to blacklist any Python application.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I'm also unable to blacklist any Python application.
When you say blacklist, do you mean from the app mgr or from rotating?

If you mean rotating, is there any info about permitting permitting on an applicatioin by application basis, in the Wiki? e.g. how does SMS and xterm get exempt?

Originally Posted by demolition View Post
When you say blacklist, do you mean from the app mgr or from rotating?

If you mean rotating, is there any info about permitting permitting on an applicatioin by application basis, in the Wiki? e.g. how does SMS and xterm get exempt?
I mean blacklisting them from rotating. The problem is that the binary is always the same, i.e. python, but not all python applications should be blacklisted.

Xterm or SMS are binary applications, and thus, easy to blacklist just by adding the binary name.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
A question in which I would like to insist is in the need to move faster in CSSU Testing and taking more risks.

For example, the world clock replacement could have been included in latest update even if it still have a remaining bug. The point of CSSU-T is precisely to test new stuff.

Other steps we should take is to try to change any closed package with the best fitting alternative even when it's not a 100% matching clone. Take as an example the Calendar Widget by Nicolai, which is completely superior to closed, bundled one or ProfilesX, from the same author.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
A question in which I would like to insist is in the need to move faster in CSSU Testing and taking more risks.

[...] The point of CSSU-T is precisely to test new stuff.
Well, possibly but there is a git for really new features. By including items whose reliablitiy is unproven, would be converting what is advertised to be a testing-grade package, into a devel-grade package. Consequently, there would be a lot more people screaming their heads off and blaming the CSSU if their devices broke/crashed etc. Wait till each release is smoothed out might be a better option. There are already bugs in CSSU-T without complicating the codebase by bringing in loads of new bits.

There might be an argument for a CSSU-devel? If so, I'd say make available as source only (and offer reasonable compile instructions); this might ward off the gun-ho novices.

Anyway, I wanted to ask:
- has anyone experienced the OS locking up?
- is it anything to do with the CSSU or OS? (thus potentially fixable with CSSU)
- or is it more likely to do with one of the programmes that was open?

Below is a screenshot while device was locked up. Wasn't sure if it would work but it did. Software open at time of crash
- microB (4 - 5 windows)
- leafpad (1 window).
Power button worked.
Programmes listed in power button menu (Phone, Swappolube, CSSU features) could all be initialised while lock up in progress. However, they were blurred-out so could not be interacted with.
Lock-screen slider worked.
Camera button is set with shortcutd
-short press: task manager
-long press: desktop
Neither worked. Desktop remained visible but blurred in background.
Camera-shutter open made noise but no UI appeared.
Screen made usual click feedback on-press but nothing happened.
Trying to remember what else...

Desktop is all blurred out in image. Don't know if anyone can make it out but the icon in the top left of the screen/image is the one for the task manager, not application menu.

Any ideas...
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Well, possibly but there is a git for really new features. By including items whose reliablitiy is unproven, would be converting what is advertised to be a testing-grade package, into a devel-grade package. Consequently, there would be a lot more people screaming their heads off and blaming the CSSU if their devices broke/crashed etc. Wait till each release is smoothed out might be a better option. There are already bugs in CSSU-T without complicating the codebase by bringing in loads of new bits.

There might be an argument for a CSSU-devel? If so, I'd say make available as source only (and offer reasonable compile instructions); this might ward off the gun-ho novices.

Anyway, I wanted to ask:
- has anyone experienced the OS locking up?
- is it anything to do with the CSSU or OS? (thus potentially fixable with CSSU)
- or is it more likely to do with one of the programmes that was open?

Below is a screenshot while device was locked up. Wasn't sure if it would work but it did. Software open at time of crash
- microB (4 - 5 windows)
- leafpad (1 window).
Power button worked.
Programmes listed in power button menu (Phone, Swappolube, CSSU features) could all be initialised while lock up in progress. However, they were blurred-out so could not be interacted with.
Lock-screen slider worked.
Camera button is set with shortcutd
-short press: task manager
-long press: desktop
Neither worked. Desktop remained visible but blurred in background.
Camera-shutter open made noise but no UI appeared.
Screen made usual click feedback on-press but nothing happened.
Trying to remember what else...

Desktop is all blurred out in image. Don't know if anyone can make it out but the icon in the top left of the screen/image is the one for the task manager, not application menu.

Any ideas...
i get this problem some times when i end the call and rotate the mobile in same time
to close it i press powerbutten then click on phone then click on powerbutton again and click on end current task

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.bot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mr.bot View Post
i get this problem some times when i end the call and rotate the mobile in same time
to close it i press powerbutten then click on phone then click on powerbutton again and click on end current task
Must have forgotten to put - to close those tasks I opened from the power menu, I used the "End current task" command from the power button menu. Unfortunately, I was not returned to the desktop or task switcher.
With calls, the main problem is intermittent obscuring of buttons. Yes, if the phone needs to rotate while ringing this (button hiding) is more likely to happen! So long as the silence and green buttons work, it's normally OK.

Are the causes the same or completely unrelated? Anyone know?

I'm running PR1.3 (Stock) + CSSU-T1.2 + CSSU-config-2.56

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
For example, the world clock replacement could have been included in latest update even if it still have a remaining bug.
AFAIK, last bug was closed in ade's (formerly, CepiPerez's wordclock some time ago. IMO, it's 100% ready to be included into CSSU.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Tags
cssu testing