Notices

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Is this similar to the Bluetooth Spammer someone else is trying to get to work, or is it different; in that you can actually intercept and inject audio to discovered bluetooth devices?

The Following User Says Thank You to AgentZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I've never tried bluetooth spammer and I think I have mine sort of working. I am guessing that carwhisperer only works on unpaired audio bluetooth devices in which it finds audio bluetooth devices like bluetooth headsets for instance it will play a pre-recorded audio message. Whilst playing the pre-recorded audio message it will record any voice (or even noise) coming off from the target's background.

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
Its very interesting.some more information on how we can make it work with N900 would be awesome.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Some things:
  • I've made some modifications to support some more classes of headsets and to fix up the scripts a little, paths were dodgy.
  • I was unable to test with my headset, it seems to switch off. let me know if this works for you.
  • This makes a lot of changes to the hcid.conf. Uninstall when you are done with this.
  • SoX needs to be compiled for best use out of this. I will compile later.
  • Nokia thought it would be a brilliant decision to modify the Bluez and their version of hcid refuses to acknowlege the pin_helper argument and still brings up the standard pair device dialog. Look in /usr/bin/cw_pin.pl for the list of pins. Thank Nokia for this annoyance, not me.
  • Thanks to KotCzarny for the grep help and Johnx for his scripts to "divert" things a little.

I lied, i didn't fix. reattaching and trying to fix tommorow. bluez-utils-test is needed too. memorise and guess the default passcodes. uninstall when you are done. make a better port of sox than my one.
Hi,

I was trying to run it, but the linked libbluetooth is to old:

Code:
ldd carwhisperer 
	libbluetooth.so.2 => not found
	libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40031000)
	/lib/ld-linux.so.3 (0x40000000)
My compiled binary:
Code:
ldd carwhisperer 
	libbluetooth.so.3 => /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.3 (0x40031000)
	libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4004d000)
	/lib/ld-linux.so.3 (0x40000000)
Can you please recompile/upload new compiled version? Or at least provide a patch (diff) if you modified the source?
Thx

Last edited by lemming; 2012-02-10 at 21:22.

dude, qwerty12 is dead...he will not be uploading anything.

Sorry, didn't know.