Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Yeah I don't believe for at minute that it's doing way better, the odds are totally stacked against it.
The people claiming that, will be totally dis-proven in a few mths, & we'll learn how the 710/800 are smashing the N9.
Of course that has little to do with them being much better devices....

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yeah I don't believe for at minute that it's doing way better, the odds are totally stacked against it.
The people claiming that, will be totally dis-proven in a few mths, & we'll learn how the 710/800 are smashing the N9.
Of course that has little to do with them being much better devices....
Howdy, mate. So you don't believe the N9 outsold Lumia? Why? History is replete with products and people who have succeeded despite great odds. The latest Gardner report shows WP7's market share declining 44% y-o-y from 3.4% in 2010 to 1.9% in 2011. It has now less market share than Bada, an almost invisible and badly managed os produced by only one manufacturer. How did this happen with 2 big giants behind it and with the biggest promotion in smartphones ever in the last Q? Would you believe it before the Gardner report?

The N9 outsold Lumia despite the odds because it has a beautiful, innovative and intuitive UI while users hate WP7's ugly and closed UI. It is a hit in China and that market is huge. The largest carrier in China bundles the N9 on contract which is an incredible coup for Nokia (but not for Elop). WP7 hasn't entered the China market yet but it really shouldn't bother.

But the best indication that N9 outsold Lumia is Elop's caginess in releasing breakdown figures of smartphones sold. We are only told vaguely that Lumia sold "well over a million". This is the first time that Nokia has not released breakdown figures. If Lumia has really sold more than a million surely this is not too shameful to publish real figures? But it is because no matter how many Lumia has sold, N9 has sold more. And where would Elop hide his face?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
According to Canalys, only 600k N9s were shipped in Q4. The number sold will be less than that. No way it outsold Lumia. End of.

Windoze Phone sucks, but deluded N9 fanboys should give up this daft obsession with N9 sales vs Lumia sales. Whichever you buy, the money goes towards putting an extra storey on Elop's mansion. Just buy the phone you like and get on with enjoying it.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
vote for N9,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Nokia cannot wake up. They have been in a persistent vegetative state for almost half a decade now.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I just call the whole thing bollocks. Let's wait and see.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
The largest carrier in China bundles the N9 on contract which is an incredible coup for Nokia (but not for Elop). WP7 hasn't entered the China market yet but it really shouldn't bother.
I was in Shenzhen a few days ago and walked into what looked like a China Mobile shop (one can't be too sure with the fake stuff going on in China ). From the street I could see that their "front of the shop display counter" had N9 promo materials displayed prominently, but when I got inside for a closer look, the b@st@rds were displaying lumia phones under a card display saying N9! If that's not switch and bait I don't know what is

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
According to Canalys, only 600k N9s were shipped in Q4. The number sold will be less than that. No way it outsold Lumia. End of.

Windoze Phone sucks, but deluded N9 fanboys should give up this daft obsession with N9 sales vs Lumia sales. Whichever you buy, the money goes towards putting an extra storey on Elop's mansion. Just buy the phone you like and get on with enjoying it.
most of teh sales were in china though.
china mobile sold more 1m alone.

btw u can calculate n9 sales from q4 sales

lumia sold 1m between october and jan 26, 16.8 m symbian, in q4 2011.

not sold abit over 19m- 600k-1m of lumia that puts--- n9 sales about 1m-2m, unless n900 is counting by alot which i doubt.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/..._heart_of_.php

canalyst numbers are wrong, unless nokia is selling a linux platform we dont know. and it's Selling double what windows phone is.

Last edited by jo21; 2012-02-18 at 03:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Other blogs which estimated N9 sales by deducting estimated Symbian sales and Lumia so-called "more than a million sales" from Nokia's smartphones total sales have come to the same conclusion - that N9 sold 1.8m to well over 2m.

Nokia did not give Symbian sales numbers for the whole year or that would give the game away but it can be estimated based on its declining trend. Assuming that Symbian sales are flat (which is unlikely) actually give sales of N9 as 1.8 million. Taking N9 sales as 600,000 would mean a big hole in Nokia's smartphone sales figures which cannot be accounted for by any other model.

Why is it so difficult for Lumia fanboys to believe that N9 outsold Lumia? Why is Elop so ashamed to reveal the real figures?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
64gb version is sold out here in indonesia, its no stock,

i want that 64gb version, if i couldnt get it, i will go for sgs2 or maybe note,