Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Portugal
Hi,

I started this thread:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=13252

I'm still disapointed with the original RSS reader software that is bundled on OS2007 and OS2008.

I would like to know, where can I get the source code of RSS reader to try to improve software settings.

Thanks.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
I began using the RSS reader last night. I actually kind of like it after getting used to it. I find that moving the separate bar wide right (to see the long RSS feeds) and then using the toggle/bar button at the bottom to actually read the feeds works pretty well.

One thing I don't like is not being able to PASTE into the ADD FEED dialog box.

Do they REALLY think that we're going to retype all of those long URLs?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Portugal
As a user of pRSSreader on Windows mobile 2003, this RSS reader sucks A LOT....
That is a good software.

1st:
Date and time of posts comes in the end of POST. That should come at the begining.

2nd:
When I disable images from a feed, that should not show the empty images in the posts. That's sucks a lot too.

3rd:
Reading all items as a separated feed is much more readable than the entire feed in a text like format.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
I managed to improve the built-in RSS reader to no end by not starting it...

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Amsterdam
RSS reader displaying wrong characters.

I am using the RSS reader since July (OS2007). Use now 23 feeds with at this moment 153 posts. No problems. OS 2008 scrolls nicely the newest posts. Like the tool and do not need anything else.

However some characters, mostly French texts are not displayed well. See the attached screenshots. There is a Buzilla report.

Abel.

Last edited by AbelMN; 2008-01-03 at 11:20.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
I began using the RSS reader last night. I actually kind of like it after getting used to it. I find that moving the separate bar wide right (to see the long RSS feeds) and then using the toggle/bar button at the bottom to actually read the feeds works pretty well.

One thing I don't like is not being able to PASTE into the ADD FEED dialog box.

Do they REALLY think that we're going to retype all of those long URLs?
You don't have to,

just tap the RSS logo from the webpage you want to use. You'll find them mostly somewhere on the edges of the webpages or just type RSS (Mozilla / Explorer)