Active Topics

Originally Posted by ss29er View Post
I have tried those settings. (I get "Can't Authenticate") I am sure my log in credentials are correct. I don't think it is a certificate problem either. I looked at the setting on a friends Andriod phone and he doesn't need any certs to connect. Obviously the setting options are different. Is it possible that the N9 doesn't support WPA-Enterprise???

Does anyone know that to be a fact??
I know for a fact when I tried those specific instructions, I got mine to authenticate. It took a while for the browser to load (around 2-4 mins) but it got thru it.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Has anyone come up with how to add the certificate so it's selectable yet? i have tried all method mentioned in previous post but it doesn't work

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Malvern, PA
Hopefully PR1.2 will address this. They need to fully support WPA Enterprise!

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
I get "can't authenticate"? I know the username and pw are correct? It does however recognize the network now. Before it wouldn't see it.

And sometimes with the same settings I get "something's wrong with the network connection"

ss29er the settings I mentioned above has worked for me just make sure you are typing everything in correctly. It takes time for it to autheticate and then you have to go thru the IU registeration process.

Originally Posted by chiron View Post
ss29er the settings I mentioned above has worked for me just make sure you are typing everything in correctly. It takes time for it to autheticate and then you have to go thru the IU registeration process.
hi..i have updated to Pr 1.1 and i have used the following configurations but i still get the same message over and over again which is "Something's wrong with the network connection" like ss29er did.

Typed in connection and network name(SSID)
Use automatically: yes/no (no difference)
Network mode: Infrastructure
Security method: WPA EAP
WPA EAP type: PEAP
Select certificate: None
EAP method: EAP MSCHAPv2
Username: typed in correctly
Password: typed in correctly

Advanced Settings:
Proxy configuration: No proxy
Auto-retrieve IP address: on
Auto-retrieve DNS address: on
Manuall username: on/off (no difference)
Username: same as the username above
Require client authentication: off
WPA2 only mode: on/off (no difference)

please help me..

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It works fine with WPA enterprise (Iam on pr1.1), I used these instruction, and applied my company network settings.

http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/display...ECURE+wireless

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
nieldk

Thanks but i'm still getting the "Something's wrong with the network connection" message..

Originally Posted by ErrorlnDisplay View Post
nieldk

Thanks but i'm still getting the "Something's wrong with the network connection" message..
I have tried every possible combination and either get "Can't Authenticate" or "Something's wrong with the network connection"

I did get my companies certificate for the first time with the MIT settings but get "Can't Authenticate" after accepting the certificate (Always Trust)