its funny because they had something solid for a tablet with Maemo 5, and Harmattan is solid for handsets, and they messed up both in one move.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
there is a simple answer. None of the Nokia products currently are revolutionary enough. They have become copycats. I hope they do come up with something that will be a game change, but N9 is not it

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Supposedly N9 was targeted for markets where Symbian still has some kind of strength, or at least isn't drastically declining.
But there were many exceptions to that, India as one example.
Wrong supposition. Symbian strength has nothing to do with it. N9 was targeted for minor markets with low population in the hope that it won't sell enough to upset Lumia. Those European countries where N9 is banned like U.K., France, Germany and Spain have high population compared to Netherlands, Switzerland, Finland, etc.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Newham Vic
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
there is a simple answer. None of the Nokia products currently are revolutionary enough. They have become copycats. I hope they do come up with something that will be a game change, but N9 is not it
You see, this is where I disagree, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think the N9 is a brilliantly designed and featured smartphone. Definitely not a copy cat and unique in its presentation. I purchased it mostly because it wasn't Android, which I think is still immature, or iOS. Spent 4 months researching all the forums before I purchased it in October.
Very happy with the experience and glad I'm not one of the cattle. This phone stands alone amongst the myriad of devices around.
May not be everyone's cup of tea, but suited my purposes to a tee.

Last edited by Tempo58; 2012-02-27 at 04:05. Reason: Addition

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tempo58 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Pretoria, South Africa
Originally Posted by Tempo58 View Post
You see, this is where I disagree, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think the N9 is a brilliantly designed and featured smartphone. Definitely not a copy cat and unique in its presentation. I purchased it mostly because it wasn't Android, which I think is still immature, or iOS. Spent 4 months researching all the forums before I purchased it in October.
Very happy with the experience and glad I'm not one of the cattle. This phone stands alone amongst the myriad of devices around.
May not be everyone's cup of tea, but suited my purposes to a tee.
I think this ad from China sums it up

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nosph3ratu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by Nosph3ratu View Post
Yes, it does!

It differentiate herself from the rest of the pack...

If others choose to endure, then I choose to resist.
If others choose to compromise, then I choose to fight.
It doesn’t matter if the future will be brilliant, I won’t give up on today.
You may think I’m crazy. As I think everyone else is too ordinary.
I am true. I will show my true self.

The Following User Says Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
Who says Nokia cannot have a Two-OS strategy?

They could continue to offer Windows Phone 7 on middle-end (Cortex A8, WVGA) and make high-end MeeGo devices (Cortex A9, qHD+).

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Newham Vic
Originally Posted by Nosph3ratu View Post
Totally agree.....brilliant!

Originally Posted by specc View Post
What would you change for the N9 to be a flagship device. Or in other words, what would you change on the N9 to make it more popular? What in your opinion is wrong with the N9?
I'd change Elop and the BoD. Those parasites are the only things stopping N9 from being a flagship.

BTW, you are the only booger I know hating and uncapable of operating swipe UI. I's smelling jealousy from a M$lave...

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Both the N8 and Lumia are more popular than the N9
Advertising, free gifts, worldwide availability and company support, do they ring a bell in your head?

Originally Posted by specc
Swipe is sexy, but unpractical compared with both Belle and WP
Do you get payed for saying such crap? You are the only one complaining of swipe besides other OS fanboys. Read and see how praised and practical swipe is on the curved N9 screen.

My first "claim" is based on online shops backed up with statistics from Google. The second one is my personal opinion, but one that I know is shared by many others.
The amount of hippo $hit in your posts. Do you personally know and have secretly talked to those "many othes?" Based on N9 reception, Those "many others" love all N9 and Maemo/MeeGo.

My "claims" are all by themselves enough reason to why the N9 cannot be a flagship. Elop also doomed Symbian, but the N8 refuses to die. Why does it refuse to die? It refuses to die because people like it.
Your claims are pathetic and made up by a 3 year old infant. Complaining that N9 lacks customizibility and yet you mention customizibility and WP in the same sentence. Evergrowing app list and 1m x 1m tile list is awesome. N8 refuses to die because of the camera, color offering in today's market and cheap price.

/end

....if you continue you're just embarassing yourself and have no self-respect...