Notices

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Thanks for reporting, yeah the version number is definitely wrong...
As for this quirk you mentioned, yes I found I have it too on my device. I don't know why and honestly I don't think this is caused by the app. But I will ask around to see if this behavior also exists for non-US users...
I need help on what I should do to get it working.. I have tmobile usa, when i try to turn it,, it stops in the middle before it completes the full connection..

Do I need to change or enable any special setting??

Thanks!

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Is there anyway to start the wifi hotspot as infrastructure mode instead of AdHoc?

Android devices, without rooting to edit 1 line of config, will not connect to AdHoc wifi. By running hotpsot in infrastructure mode, other Android tablets can easily share the wifi.

And Android devices now have built-in support to run Wifi Spot as infrastructure, why can't we have the same for the N9 (and other Nokia too)?

I've read someone said it's hardware issue, but my SonyEricsson x10a originally had Android 1.6, Wifi Hotspot was added when the firmware was upgraded to 2.3. It seems more like a software fix, unless when making the x10a, they have forseen there would be a wifi hotspot update after 2 years.

Originally Posted by mcdull View Post
Is there anyway to start the wifi hotspot as infrastructure mode instead of AdHoc?

Android devices, without rooting to edit 1 line of config, will not connect to AdHoc wifi. By running hotpsot in infrastructure mode, other Android tablets can easily share the wifi.
Just noticed today that there's a bug report for that
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1033

Originally Posted by upp View Post
I need help on what I should do to get it working.. I have tmobile usa, when i try to turn it,, it stops in the middle before it completes the full connection..

Do I need to change or enable any special setting??

Thanks!
Occasionally I see this, too. I would suggest try a few more times, or a reboot would definitely help. Sorry there's nothing I can do about as this is system related... I feel Harmattan's WiFi hotspot sharing isn't always stable...