Hi,

I just upgraded my N800 to OS2008 but now suffer from *tremendous* keyboard bounce. Basically, when I use the on-screen keyboard, ii gggeettt thhhiiisss reesssult (no exaggeration). It is making the keyboard entirely useless.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrats For This Useful Post:
ya i get the letter doubling as well...but in addition i can no longer bring up the fullscreen keyboard by pushing on the screen....only the stylus keyboard pops up...only way to get the full screen up is with the center button on the D Pad

Stylus and keyboard bounce has been a big problem on my 810 since I got it. Somewhere in the OS there has to be a byte that controls the repeat key delay. There ought to be a preference window to set this like the mac has. It's doesn't sound like rocket science.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by mrats View Post
Does anyone have a solution for this? Would be much appreciated!
Type faster!

A bug has been raised, hopefully we'll a fix at some point.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Hmmm. I am seeing a lot of bounce on my new iGo keyboard paired to an N800/OS2008.

I wonder if it is the same problem?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by dont View Post
Hmmm. I am seeing a lot of bounce on my new iGo keyboard paired to an N800/OS2008.
It's worse when other Bluetooth devices are connected, but you probably just type fast enough not to hit the repeat threshold. Try fat-finging it for a bit, you'll see it.

mmaann tthhiiss iiss rreeaallyy aannooyyiinngg.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Happens to me also. in addition, I should say that in my opinion the touch sensitivity is now really worse than with the latest OS2007: I frequenty get some key pressed that I didn't want to, and this didn't happen with the old OS.

This is the worst thing about the new OS which after all is a big improvement over OS2007, but becomes less usable than the old (guys, life isn't just a matter of speed and good-looking, learn the Palm lesson)

I'm also seeing key bounce type problems with the zoom in and out buttons in maemo-mapper. If I'm at say zoom level 6 and press zoom in/out to change one level, it can step all the way up to 19 or down to 1.

Yes, yes yes!! I thought I was going insane!! Why is no one talking about this on the Maemo mailing lists?

Aside from the repeat problem, some one else has seen the "Phantom key presses"... like press "H" and "S" or "W" are pressed. Or hit a key dead centre and the key above is pressed!! MADNESS!!! Sometime is registeres the key pressm some times the phantom appears but nothing actually gets typed.

Does anyone know what the bug ID is, I'd love to add my comments/vote it up.