Hi, i hope someone read and accept this request, from others developers, i will try too help you like tester for porting this OS.
Maybe we can do it!
We know maemo is die, and meego too, webOS is hard to porting, why dont try with Tizen?

I want multitouch support , really fast OS and use all the applications Linux-Based mobile: maemo,webOS, etc.

(maybe i want too much :P).

So you can take the SDK of tizen here: https://developer.tizen.org/

for support or other im here, i will try to help you build some projects and post it. Open your mind.

Last edited by colla84; 2012-03-08 at 08:40.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Maemo is dead? Meego too?

Sorry to pee on your fireworks, but there is zero chance of porting Tizen and getting it more stable and functional than Maemo on a N900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by colla84 View Post
I want multitouch support .
Assuming you are talking about the N900, tizen won't help you for multitouch support, you'll need to change the screen.
good luck.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Maemo is dead? Meego too?

Sorry to pee on your fireworks, but there is zero chance of porting Tizen and getting it more stable and functional than Maemo on a N900.
Hi dead in what kind of way ?..There are still many people developing for Maemo..and believe me they will try to get everything they can out of meego.Just as we are STILL Trying to get everything out of maemo..

I'm not talking about hardware..but the OS..so if you ask me (you didn't) Maemo will never die..And i think we should give meego a try..It's funny to me that alot of people who can't get there hands on a n9(meego) shoot down the phone without even trying (to get there hands on one) and knowing how it works..

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by jimmy neutron View Post
Hi dead in what kind of way ?..There are still many people developing for Maemo..and believe me they will try to get everything they can out of meego.Just as we are STILL Trying to get everything out of maemo..

I'm not talking about hardware..but the OS..so if you ask me (you didn't) Maemo will never die..And i think we should give meego a try..It's funny to me that alot of people who can't get there hands on a n9(meego) shoot down the phone without even trying (to get there hands on one) and knowing how it works..
I was questioning the OP's statement about Maemo being dead (or "Maemo is die" as they originally wrote) - I followed it with a question mark indicating I was turning the statement into a question.

I agree, Maemo is not dead. It still works fine on my N900 and there's no other OS that comes remotely close to being fully working and stable.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Why port tizen its far from ready. Maemo is far better today, dead or alive.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
I was questioning the OP's statement about Maemo being dead (or "Maemo is die" as they originally wrote) - I followed it with a question mark indicating I was turning the statement into a question.

I agree, Maemo is not dead. It still works fine on my N900 and there's no other OS that comes remotely close to being fully working and stable.
My apologies..But to even Question it my fellow n900 owner is a shame..As for meego time will tell i'm hearing alot of good(besides some errors) things so who knows

I truly believe that Maemo will never fully replaced by another OS sure there are coming close to it but this God's gift device n900 is a piece of Art..

i say that because you see nokia stop support Maemo OS, they try to give free open source for porting applications, Harmattan too leaving from developers group.

I would believe in Maemo, but developers heading from another OS, first Maemo (finished with n900) Meego (finished with n9) and all now are heading for Tizen.

You need to make a question.. Why Android, Palm \ webOS is more supported then Maemo???

and all now are heading for Tizen.
All? What i have been following the Maemo devs on twitter, pretty much nobody is jumping to Tizen and the general interest or talk doesn't even exist.
If there ever was a dead platform right from the start...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
all now are heading for Tizen.
Whatever the long-term prospects are for Maemo and MeeGo, I don't see many heading for Tizen atm. I suspect many are fatigued by empty promises, and will therefore sceptical until something tangible emerges.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: