Active Topics

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
i ve decided to give it a go with ovi store qimageviewer as the default image viewer is one of the most frustrating apps right now for me as i use it a lot and its not usable it in portrait mode.
qimageviewer seems nice, a bit slow, cpu consumption off the charts, and lack features..so default maemo image viewer is still way better.
anyway qimageviewer has a perfect portait mode and also the rotation gesture for zooming is great..so..wish this two feature could be implemented soon in default maemo image viewer..it would be kickass really.tks

The Following User Says Thank You to ed_boner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I can't see why you would need DrLaunch any more.
CSSU + Theme Customiser can do the job much better.
True, thanks for the tip. Seems I didn't investigated all the options. DrLaunch is not needed anymore.

Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
and its not usable it in portrait mode.
False - stock image-viewer works fine when properly blacklisted (it supported portrait mode from beginning, so no need to force rotate it).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

really estel?..false?...wow..tks..can you tell me how to do it?..because i do not know really..for me the default behaviour of the image viewer is landscape, no way you can see the thumbs in portrait at all.
with cssu i have force rotation and the image viewer in portrait displays the thumbs all weird and on top one of the others..unusable..only solution that i know is to blacklist it, and only use landscape mode for the app..if i could get it to work propperly in portrait it would be awsome(even tolerate that zoom by gesture is missing and you can only zoom by phisical volume rocker, what is a shame for a so nice touchscreen with so many possibilities to zoom without using phisical buttons)!!
so can you teach me please how to configure things so i could have a fully functional image viewer in portrait as apparently you have yours?tks again.

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-04-01 at 23:10.

Well, you open a particular photo, then, rotate device - no matter if keyboard is slided out or not, photo will rotate

If all You want to achieve is rotating thumbnails - well, stock image-viewer can't do it. To be honest, I never felt need for this, so had to check it before writing

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
oh..i see..well that for me is not a description of a full functioning app in portrait..so maybe i was not making false statements as you sugested..anyway i can only thank cssu team for the amazing job so far and i leave my suggestion in here for future developments..tks anyway estel

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Indeed a replacement for the Image Viewer could improve it in many aspects.

But for me the most important features I miss from the original Image Viewer are not related with rotation support but:
- Fix the annoying issue that is not remember when you only want to show pictures from the camera and not other images.
- Add support (maybe optional) for zoom/unzoom with swirl gesture.
- Add option to disable zoom/unzoom on rocker buttons (so they can be used for volume control while using the image viewer).
- Add OSD control to change from fullscren to windowed screen instead of just tapping (very annoying sometimes).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
i believe this issues deserve discussion as i too believe that there is room for improvement on this matter..hope cssu team is willing to help us on that..

Installed CSSU testing over the weekend and ran into this problem:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=46789

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@all - finally osso-pdf-reader localization will be included in the next CSSU-testing update, but we need some help with the translation of:

"Continuous view"

Please translate it to the language you are using or you are good in and make a post here. Try to keep the translation short and meaningful

Thanks.
Spanish: Visualización continua
or if it doesn't fit: Vista continua

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing