Active Topics

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Can you guys having problems with activation actually read the first post that was nicely put up by peter? It clearly says you'll have to activate (verify) your account ON YOUR FRIGGIN DESKTOP USING VOICE, NOT ON THE DEVICE ITSELF. SMS NO WORKEE.
How silly I am!!!
how to do this on desktop????

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ maemo
Originally Posted by naresh919we View Post
Attachment 25964

do somthing....
read this
actually read the first post that was nicely put up by peter? It clearly says you'll have to activate (verify) your account ON YOUR FRIGGIN DESKTOP USING VOICE, NOT ON THE DEVICE ITSELF. SMS NO WORKEE.
read first post

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...this threads proves, that people who flock to proprietary messengers because "all my friends too" are way too... incompetent.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Heerlen, Netherlands
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...this threads proves, that people who flock to proprietary messengers because "all my friends too" are way too... incompetent.
excuse me, but i don't see any connection between these two facts..
i mean, I am a noob in N900.. and I have to switch to WhatsApp because really 97% of (jounger) people here in the Netherlands use it, and some people just wouldnt sms..
but these two facts don't have any connection, do they?

Originally Posted by evgeniy1987 View Post
excuse me, but i don't see any connection between these two facts..
i mean, I am a noob in N900.. and I have to switch to WhatsApp because really 97% of (jounger) people here in the Netherlands use it, and some people just wouldnt sms..
but these two facts don't have any connection, do they?
The fact that you people cannot follow simple instructions on the FIFTH F*CKING POST proves his point, some of you do not even read it... sorry to say don_falcone is pretty right when he talks about these things.

I understand you have no knowledge on linux or the N900 but that does not excuse you from following simple instructions such as:

Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
@peter i think your instructions should start like this :
if you dont have java on your pc go here and install java
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
next right click the whatsapp file and open with java
proceed with the entering of details

on device:
enable extras testing repository (if not enabled) and look for icedtea6 (or higher)
install
place the same whatsapp jar file on the n900 (documents)
(then the rest of your instructions)
Do not plan to sound harsh and in fact I encourage all to learn but PLEASE people not reading first posts and then crying p*sses off a few people Just download the JAR file that was attatched a few posts behind ON YOUR PC, right click>open with java then register by VOICE and then receive the call on your N900 and input the code dictated to you. Then you log in with your N900. YOU DO NOT REGISTER FROM THE N900!!!!!!1!1!!11!!one!1one!

That being said, good luck, it seems like it is not too hard

Last edited by pablocrossa; 2012-04-23 at 14:49.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pablocrossa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by peterbjornx View Post
NOTE : This is WIP and not everyting works
Updated!:
New features:
-Limited group chats ( No creation, invite ) (NOT TESTED YET)
-Auto scroll down
-Bugfixes
- Packaged for N900

First install the Oracle JRE : http://uppit.com/p1glvshnvgn6/oracle...e-1.6.0u30.deb
Second, install WhatsApp : http://uppit.com/t79j5q219iux/whatsa...0.0.4alpha.deb
Third, enjoy and report any bugs!
Would you ming sharing the source for this? On github maybe or something. I'd love to contribute, and possibly (some day) create some way of hooking this up with the inbuild IM infrastructure (if that's possible, not sure if it is using java though).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hobarrera For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hobarrera View Post
Would you ming sharing the source for this? On github maybe or something. I'd love to contribute, and possibly (some day) create some way of hooking this up with the inbuild IM infrastructure (if that's possible, not sure if it is using java though).
Even if you do adapt it as a plugin (which would be cool for whatsapp users but would require changing language) some features of whatsapp I seem to recall are not supported with the internal IM thingy

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Heerlen, Netherlands
I understand that.
I'll try the Desktop-way when I'll be home.

sorry guys for pissing you off!

Originally Posted by roshan.ramkumar View Post
hi thanks for replying..
i tried it with the terminal with the commands posted in the beginning..it showed some errors ...

could you tell me about the jar method and the commands exactly..?
My post on page 8 contained the .jar file, and this link will give instructions on how to install Java onto the N9.

It is relatively easy if your comfortable with X Terminal, but can be a long and tedious process.

Java for N9 Install Instructions

On that link the download for the Java file is broken, go to Java's website and then download the Java SE for Embedded Devices Version 7u2 for ARM_v7 Headful

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

those who say about first post, please read carefully the same, there is no such instruction mentioned over there, i know that it was mentioned before, but after making package the post was removed and i was under the impression that issues were solved. Now please, i tried from desktop as well, i got verification code, but same "unknown error" when i put it...please help

Tags
whatscrapp!