hi all,

can't connect my nokia n9 to pc or osx using usb cable.
it says something like (almost quote) listed below (depends of connection mode):

mass storage in use and there is not enough power to charge from usb when i try to use data storage mode;
sync and connect in use and there is not enough power to charge from usb when i try to connect in sync mode..

i have read lots of same topics but nothing helps.. all of authors had just one problem (mass storage in use and doesn't work but sync and connect mode works fine for them). i have two....

my cell phone is nokia n9 16gb black
i have harmattan PR1.2
i do not use any usb hubs etc.. only direct connection.
i have tried lots of usb cables
i have tried to connect my nokia to win and osx systems with no luck..

i did "clear device" and "clear data" under settings
i tried to reinstall harmattan with nokia flasher using instructions http://everythingn9.com/update-pr1-2-nokia-n9/ with no luck.
nokia flasher just doesn't see my device...

please help me cause i am close to send that stupid phone to the wall in front of me...

btw... i am able to use console (ssh) with SDK connectivity WLAN ON and copy photos, videos etc...

regards,
m.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
wow stupid phone, goodluck mate

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
wow stupid phone, goodluck mate
thanks for help=)
is there any way to reflash it without connect to pc?
is it possible to reflash it using ssh?

I should say that the flasher programm don't see my device too. But the flash worked even so.

Maybe you should try to flash again. Sometimes when I want to connect the device (also Nokia n9 16gb) with my PC, it doesn't work. My device says that it is using the telephone storage. I reboot the device and than it works.

The Following User Says Thank You to buenavista62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,701 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
flasher -F DFL61_HARMATAN[...].bin -f -c -R
run, turn off phone, connect to PC, wiat, wait, if nothing - keep connected and hold power button for 10+ seconds and release. phone should be found by flasher

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
oh, poor mate...

Seems your n9 is going to lose all the batter power and gonna die...
well, I have encounter this situations for TWICE.

dsme ACT_DEAD and no bme.

And the phone won't be charged and I have the battery running out problem, boot logical loop:
http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-irclog/%23mae...11-22.log.html
(search for "charge")
no OS booting? not charging; battery out? no booting.

luckily, I successfully use flasher to force the phone into a flash-mode which can do the charge work, thank god...
(that cost many times to try out, should be patient).

as soon as my n9 had enough power (11%) to boot, then I keep charging it and dare not to let the battery lower than 20%.

But your problem seems much worse. don't even seem to charge even when OS running.

you'd better check dsme & bme state.
If /sbin/getbootstate show ACT_DEAD, you got the right problem.

You probably should send the phone to the nearest nokia care to be fixed.

found few tricks while reviving my dead n9 c:

1.get linux (i used ubuntu live cd)
2.shutdown the phone
3.pressed he vol down+power button untill you see nokia logo n usb logo on to right of the screen.
5.open terminal and run flasher -i
6.at same time open another terminal windows and run lsusb.,,keep on rfreshing untill you see nokia device on the list..at the same thime flasher should detectyour phone..Get the.bin file n run flasher as the other instruction shows
7anothe trick that i found is even your phone variant show up in navifirm+,if its not the same or higer than what flasher shows,slowly search in the navifirm_+.Mine is MEA2 varian but I flash it with UAE bin and Globalemmc..

So working fine except for always have mobile network lock of signals.

Try i n report bak mate!

I installed dual boot OS on N9. after Sometime when i tried to reflash the phone i accidently disconected it when it was in the flashing process (Winflasher), then it went black and didnt boot up, led light blinked 3 times.
then after days the battery died and i cant charge it anymore, it doesnt detect on pc or in winflasher. it says "waiting for suitable boot loader" nothing happens.

i cant charge or switch on the phone.
anyone can help, would be appreciated.
please reply if you have a solution.

kiiwii Please HELP!!

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
praveendavid,

I deleted your other threads...

Reflashing your n9 might get another chance with linux, I never tried to flash it with winflasher as it seemed to not work with win7 for n900 I never tried for n9.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
praveendavid,

Simply run the flasher commands but don't insert your phone to the USB port until the message "Suitable device/phonenet not found..." appears...

Also ensure you power off your device by pressing the power button for 8 seconds before plugging in...