Active Topics

dropped my n810 (but its as if i never dropped it at all) today so now i added a wrist strap lanyard to it. i threaded it through the small hole where you put the stylus. here are some pics

does not really interfere with the stylus, sometimes it might push the stylus out a small bit (exposing a small part of the very tip to be outside) but it wont fall out you still need to pull out the stylus. i know i wont lose the stylus this way.

Last edited by kurupted; 2008-01-04 at 04:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kurupted For This Useful Post:
Useful, thanks. I'll have to pick one up and do the same.

Zuber

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ France
Good idea !
I have take the wrist strap lanyard from my canon powershot a460 to my n810! Between ~100€ and 500€ I have make the choice !
But I will buy a new wrist strap lanyard I think

Thanks for the tips

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
This type of facility should be provided as standard on all the Internet Tablets IMO.

They are not cheap devices, I dropped my N810 this week whilst checking the map software whilst walking to the car.
(Switching the lock screen is fiddly at the best of times)

If only the N810 was not so shiny and slippery on the back face. The battery cover should IMO be covered in a non slip coating such as rubber, so that wherever it is placed it does not easily slide across surfaces.

I cursed as my N810 made a sickening bang onto the Tarmac at my feet!

I picked it up and it "Fortunately" it had fallen on a corner of the stand, opposite the usb connection, I managed to damage the stand by drop/stressing it in such a way that it does not fit snugly and tidily onto the body of the device any more

Other users beware of dropping your N810 like I did, The Nokia 770 and N800 were both better to hold for different reasons but mainly because they are not as slippery.

Now where or who can I contact to get a spare/replacement stand for my N810 which I have had for only one week

This must be the Easter Egg everyone was looking for on the N810

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ new york
lucky u i got mine from amazon opened it and the slipery things slipped out of my hand and landed on my foot now it wont turn on no more the funny thing is that it was in the crap case that it came with