Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by simonizer View Post
Right after reboot everything was fine and worked like a charm.
But after an hour there were some... well... let's call it waiting periods.
Apps like internet browser, mail or conversations/messages took 30 seconds to appear. (Un)locking the screen took up to 5 seconds.
That's too bad. Any application in particular caused this? What's your device? What firmware version? Do you have a lot of music and pictures? Do you use face recognition?

Last edited by traysh; 2012-05-21 at 13:21.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Cape Town,South Africa
Have just downloaded and installed. Speed improvement is amazing!! Thanks for a splendid effort...

Originally Posted by fignew View Post
Hi traysh,
I see you're setting the kernel to use the deadline I/O scheduler. Is there a reason why you chose that over noop?
I tried noop some time ago when I had a N900 and the phone used to become not responsive when installing big deb packages until the watchdog rebooted it. But I'll try it for a while in my N9 to see if it works fine. Are you using noop? Maybe you can try it for a while too and tell me if it was ok. Testing should include installing apps from the store and using intensive I/O

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Darmstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
That's too bad. Any application in particular caused this? What's your device? What firmware version? Do you have a lot of music and pictures? Do you use face recognition?
Ok,
1. Only installed FasterN9. No other new apps installed recently.
2. Nokia N9, 64GB black
3. PR1.2
4. Some pictures, few videos and around 16000 songs. But I have this amount of songs on my device for several months now
5. No face recognition

But I rebooted my device another time, and it already runs for 5 hours now without any problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to simonizer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by simonizer View Post
Ok,
1. Only installed FasterN9. No other new apps installed recently.
2. Nokia N9, 64GB black
3. PR1.2
4. Some pictures, few videos and around 16000 songs. But I have this amount of songs on my device for several months now
5. No face recognition

But I rebooted my device another time, and it already runs for 5 hours now without any problems.
Thank you. I just want to track what kind of config causes problems. If you have issues again, please report here.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ France
Just wanted to say thank you for your job. This is pretty amazing. I was skeptical at first when I installed it, rebooted and saw no real difference (and maybe it was even more laggy), but after a few hours of use, the systems feels really faster. It is clearly visible with the camera app, which used to take ages to launch (enough time so that what you wanted to photograph was not there anymore :-( ). Now the splash screen appears instantaneously and the app is started in no time.

You should submit it to the MeeGo team at Nokia (if there is still any...) for inclusion in PR 1.3 !!!

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
WOOOOW, this is FASTER maan...

Thanks

Ive read a few times now that people had MALF because of this app. I got kind of scared and uninstalled the application. I rebooted after that but it seems the changes done to the system by FasterN9 are still applied.

@creator does uninstalling really remove all changes?

The Following User Says Thank You to kb61 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kb61 View Post
Ive read a few times now that people had MALF because of this app. I got kind of scared and uninstalled the application. I rebooted after that but it seems the changes done to the system by FasterN9 are still applied.

@creator does uninstalling really remove all changes?
Can't detail know, I'm at work, but please people do not uninstall, it's the dangerous part, wait an updated fixed version. Then, if you still want to uninstall you will uninstall that updated version.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
already uninstall it, but install it again, and its okay, seems everything works fine