Active Topics

Notices

still a little OT.
Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
Well, its a little OT but, here is my analysis. If you get remaining 34% battery after 14 hrs, it means your current consumption is

1450 * 0.65 / 14 = 67.3 mA . The math is simple as 1450mAh is the battery capacity and you consumed 65% . This more realistic as without OC , with GTalk/Wazapp and emails the drain is ~40mA, with OC I can expect it to more than 40 . Sorry for my ignorance, but I never really understood how you can get better battery life AFTER performing OC operation.

Again I apologise for the off-topic post.

Goin on topic, I noticed that current drain with Wazapp on 2.5G/EDGE is 25mA, which is not bad .
i will provide the values through the today (battery usage app).
i unplugged the phone right now. here we are:
discharged from 94% to 88% in 6h05m
avg current 13mA, average active 142mA, averge idle 10mA.
of course the phone was completly idle at night, so in the afternoon i'll tell you the "day"-values.

cheers,
no_nuke

I had it all working nice before...but then I installed it in Nitdroid too. I regret that because now I can't get it to work in Harmattan anymore. I've uninstalled it in Nitdroid, but it won't help. Tried reinstalling it and it registered without any problem again in Nitdroid, but in Harmattan I constantly get "Fail too recent XXXX" all the time.

Last edited by latency; 2012-05-23 at 10:19.

Originally Posted by no_nuke View Post
not for me, at least. i have 7 mail accounts (1 MfE push, 1 gmail push, 2 at 10 min, 3 twice a day, 1 twitter refresh at 30 min). with gTalk always on, i still get under 20 mA. since i installed inception+opptimizer, my battery was almost perfect.

i could install 0.1.8, but i had the sync-contacts problem. with 0.2.4 the problem was gone, but, as many others, the battery jumped up to about 40 mA from 20 mA as i said before.

i'm still more than happy. this is community.

cheers,
no_nuke
wow, i don't know how is that even possible. I have 2 push email accounts and 1 facebook account. My average idle current consumption is between 30-40mA. Once I am logged onto skype chat, it increase to 50mA

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Johannesburg, South Africa
Just wanted to say a big thanks again, can't believe how many updates have already been brought out!!! You guys ROCK!!! Sending lots of love to the AMAZING development team!!!

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tanwg View Post
On people who are getting fail-too-many, Whatsapp support won't help you. I got the "fail-too-many" problems too and I emailed them 7 times. Only 1 automated reply and nothing else.
Well, they did help me.
I also had the "fail too many" problem.
I send an E-Mail to whatsapp support and asked to unblock my account.
They answered and unblocked it after on day and everything worked fine afterwards.
I guess it would be wise to not mention the 'N9' or 'Wazapp' in the Mail, though. This should only complicate things because they cannot provide support for Wazapp, I suppose.
I just told them in my E-Mail that i switched my smartphone and got blocked somehow.
You emailed them 7 times? In what timespan?
You should keep in mind that whatsapp has probably a quite small development and support team and I'm sure they get LOTS of Mails right now.
Spamming the support probably won't accelerate things.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by Crashcourse07 View Post
Well, they did help me.
I also had the "fail too many" problem.
I send an E-Mail to whatsapp support and asked to unblock my account.
They answered and unblocked it after on day and everything worked fine afterwards.
I guess it would be wise to not mention the 'N9' or 'Wazapp' in the Mail, though. This should only complicate things because they cannot provide support for Wazapp, I suppose.
I just told them in my E-Mail that i switched my smartphone and got blocked somehow.
You emailed them 7 times? In what timespan?
You should keep in mind that whatsapp has probably a quite small development and support team and I'm sure they get LOTS of Mails right now.
Spamming the support probably won't accelerate things.
First and second was a day apart. But their silence makes me fustrated and the rest were quite close.

an excellent work, devteam!!!!! superb!!!!

I installed with the voice call trick, because the "fail-too-many" and can logged in, but now, I recive messages but can't send :S. Any clue?

I'm from Argentina, with Personal.

Thanks again for this great port!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to drmato For This Useful Post:
@nokiac

still a little OT.

i will provide the values through the today (battery usage app).
i unplugged the phone right now. here we are:
discharged from 94% to 88% in 6h05m
avg current 13mA, average active 142mA, averge idle 10mA.
of course the phone was completly idle at night, so in the afternoon i'll tell you the "day"-values.

cheers,
no_nuke
ok, after 16h i'm at 29%.
avg current 48mA, average active 354mA, average idle 25mA.
this was my day: 1,5h surfing, 2 chats with wazapp, about 30 emails, about 20 min phone, 1 sms, 4 pics, 1 panorama pic.

that's it.

cheers,
no_nuke

@nokiac

ok, after 16h i'm at 29%.
avg current 48mA, average active 354mA, average idle 25mA.
this was my day: 1,5h surfing, 2 chats with wazapp, about 30 emails, about 20 min phone, 1 sms, 4 pics, 1 panorama pic.

that's it.

cheers,
no_nuke
Yea those numbers all add up correctly now . Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
Yea those numbers all add up correctly now . Cheers
sorry not beeing precise the first time.

cheers,
no_nuke

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp