Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I did search but couldn't find a reference to this: is it possible to search within a web page on the N9? Pulling the screen down doesn't produce a magical search box as it does in the email client. Can't see any other way. Bit of an omission if it's not there, no?

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Hiya, I'm afraid I haven't seen such an option. Maybe PR1.3 ? :-)

Does Firefox or Opera have the option?

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
I did search but couldn't find a reference to this: is it possible to search within a web page on the N9? Pulling the screen down doesn't produce a magical search box as it does in the email client. Can't see any other way. Bit of an omission if it's not there, no?
As in most browsers, just type:

Ctrl f

Edit:
Oops! Sorry, I did not notice you were asking about the N9. My answer applies to the N900. Don't know about the N9.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Last edited by rm42; 2012-05-28 at 21:49.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
Does Firefox or Opera have the option?
Opera supports "find in page" on Harmattan.

On the subject of the browser UI... Is there a way hide the URL bar so we can view pages in full screen?

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
On the subject of the browser UI... Is there a way hide the URL bar so we can view pages in full screen?
and/or at least real fullscreen without the status bar. if your connection is acting up or you just want the see whether you're on wifi or 3/2g, you can always just pull down the browser a few millimeters...

You know what would be cool?

To be able to open a webpage in alternative browser FROM the Harmattan browser. I like to use the native browser for most of the surfing, but occasionally there are times I would like to either find something from the page or view flash content etc. using Firefox.

Of course copy/paste link works, but still...