Active Topics

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Theres an app called "N9 QTweak" that has a MOD to make volume louder. I use it but Im not sure if it really works.

I was able to improve it by executing (in terminal):

amixer cset numid=16 3

But it seems to only last for that 1 phone call, and may have undesirable effects on the speaker...

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
My N9 developed very strange issue as of yesterday - call volume through earpiece went way to low even at full power. I can barely hear the other party even in a quiet environment. I do not know if there is a relation, but prior that happened I have toggled "Noise canceling" to ON in Settings. 10 minutes before that I had a normal conversation over phone.
I have tried reboot, toggling OFF/ON noise canceling, cranking the volume up-down, muting, setting speaker ON/OFF. Also I have tried setting alsa earpiece volume to level 3, which improves the situation slightly.
I think I can hear sound coming out of the speaker when in call, not only from earpiece. I can't be 100% sure, as the volume is too low, but I have tested covering the earpiece with finger and I can hear sound which seems to come from the bottom speaker.
Any ideas? I am thinking of messing with pulseaudio. I don't think it is a HW issue as phone had not been dropped and it happened right after toggling noise canceling.

Last edited by zlatko; 2013-01-30 at 07:36.

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Does the N9Qtweak mod enable it after each reboot?
I also think the mod gets reset after every call.
Someone should write a good workaround for it.
Totally embrassing to miss everything someone is saying while on the road with your superphone

@bibek
There is a script posted above, that checks every 15(configurable) seconds if the earpiece volume is set to max, and if not - sets it. But in my case that is not helping as the volume is way lower than it was prior the "incident". So I am looking for solution to get my earpiece volume back to it normal level.

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Checking every 15 mins is too rude way.
One should make it to connect the signal of reboot and call end

@bibek
You are probably right. Anyway - as I mentioned I am looking for solution to get my volume back to its normal state. I am content with it, don't really feel a need for improvement.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
bibek,

N9QTweak's tweak for volume increases the volume in alsa-mixer from 66% to 100%; it stays this way till you flash or change the value back; it does NOT change at every end of call or every reboot

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
bibek,

N9QTweak's tweak for volume increases the volume in alsa-mixer from 66% to 100%; it stays this way till you flash or change the value back; it does NOT change at every end of call or every reboot
Really, I thought the N9QT vol patche was based on all previous I had seen which got reset after call. If this is true I will have to take another look.

@thedead1440
By "increases the volume in alsa-mixer from 66% to 100%" you mean volume of the bottom SPEAKER, responsible for ringing/media playback? Or there is a way to set the EARPIECE volume to 100% as well?