Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

@traysh

Is there any chance you could have a look at Swype and speed it up/reduce its laggyness?

It seems to be very CPU intensive when in use, just wondering if there's a way to make it use resources better, the stock keyboard is crap for prediction whereas Swype is really good!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-06-05 at 10:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Had no problems installing any versions. But main problem I see is occasionally, my N9 wont open any apps. I can notice that it tries to open it (noticing the icon gets dark) but it just gets light again and seems like I tried to open noting. Any app wont work once this happens, I need to reboot to get it working again. I so loved how fasterN9 really makes my N9 fast and lag free. But with the bug I get, I need to uninstall and wait for a fix to use again. I cant always turn off and on my N9 for it to be working again.

btw I am experiencing this on 0.9.3 0.9.6 and 0.9.7. And im sure fasterN9 causes this because after uninstalling, problem doesnt show anymore. Hoping to be fixed

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Version 0.9.7
I also have to report a really long lag on opening certain apps. The most obvious is the N9 stock web browser. Typically takes 20 seconds to open. Once open it seems to browse ok and at good speed, but the initial lag to open makes 0.9.7 not usuable for me.

0.9.4 was the best version for me - I had a really good experience with it - until I tried to uninstall and got the dreaded malfunction message. I don't fancy reflashing the device a second time in the same week. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to jpfsn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
Version 0.9.7
I also have to report a really long lag on opening certain apps. The most obvious is the N9 stock web browser. Typically takes 20 seconds to open. Once open it seems to browse ok and at good speed, but the initial lag to open makes 0.9.7 not usuable for me.
Strange as I have none of the above issues with 0.9.7.

It seems this app seems to give off so many variations of issues depending on what apps are installed ect. The only bug I have had with FasterN9 is that the mail client is very quick to not respond and is quite slow.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
im not using it anymore, tracker problem and many app issues, when stable version come then im in,

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
im not using it anymore, tracker problem and many app issues, when stable version come then im in,
What are your symptoms of the tracker problem? And is it a reflash to correct?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Unable to refresh pict gallery, wrong download folders, etc

no, if you have clean backup, its gonna solved, but if you still have fastrtN9 then the problems comeback,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Unable to refresh pict gallery, wrong download folders, etc
I have started to get screen flicker when an 'app folder' is open in the application launcher homescreen. But that is not the same as the problems you mention.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Hi.
Uninstall .94 then install .97 without any problem, with stock N9.
Just change background brightness (home screen settings?)!!!
Amazingly fast!!!

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Strange as I have none of the above issues with 0.9.7.

It seems this app seems to give off so many variations of issues depending on what apps are installed ect. The only bug I have had with FasterN9 is that the mail client is very quick to not respond and is quite slow.
Strange to me too as I''m very happy with this version, not a single malf. 9.5 gave me problems opening some Apps, eg Qneptunia. All apps respond nicely now. It's smooth visibly on the feed screen. The only Lag that's always been there is the Video Recording.

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-06-05 at 15:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post: