Notices

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
waiting your third commit , XD

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
@TMavica how u do it without having problem like mine before?i mean contact display & group name display correctly?

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
@CepiPerez

I tested your version, it works fine, just observe something to improve or bugs.

1. Emoticon cant be show if you enter a text with 2 lines "Press Enter for each line", see the below screenshot

2. The Group Chat title only show 1 people name, not all

3. The emoticon little bit small to show, compare to @tgalal one

4. The Change status: After I changed it, working fine, but displaying not fine, still is "Hi there Im using Wazapp", but I confirmed my status is changed, as I read from other phone.

Thats is all I found, but I think you know them too, thanks anyway

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
For people who are facing crashes, can you try this?

Find this in protocoltreenode.py:
Code:
	def readInt16(self,i,socketOnly=0):
		intTop = i.read(socketOnly);
		intBot = i.read(socketOnly);
		#Utilities.debug(str(intTop)+"------------"+str(intBot));
		value = (intTop << 8) + intBot;
		return value;
And replace with:
Code:
	def readInt16(self,i,socketOnly=0):
		intTop = i.read(socketOnly);
		intBot = i.read(socketOnly);
		#Utilities.debug(str(intTop)+"------------"+str(intBot));
		value = (intTop << 8) + intBot;
		if value is not None:
			return value;
		else:
			return "";
You mean if we are facing those crashes when switching between 3g and wlan, or... ?

[tw] @kegnatz

Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
So about the contacts privacy controversy, i've decided to add "Selective sync", where you get to pick only a subset of your address book to sync if you dont want to sync all. At least it would make wazapp one atep ahead of original Whatsapp in terms of privacy. You will not enter manually the numbers, you will just mark those you wish to sync.
Awesome. That's a great solution. And just turned the thread around just like that! Thanks!

Glad bringing up this issue ultimately led to a better product. Much better to solve things this way than starting pissing contests and calling people names for raising a concern. Thanks again!

Last edited by mämo; 2012-06-06 at 19:30.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mämo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
@CepiPerez

I tested your version, it works fine, just observe something to improve or bugs.

1. Emoticon cant be show if you enter a text with 2 lines "Press Enter for each line", see the below screenshot

2. The Group Chat title only show 1 people name, not all

3. The emoticon little bit small to show, compare to @tgalal one

4. The Change status: After I changed it, working fine, but displaying not fine, still is "Hi there Im using Wazapp", but I confirmed my status is changed, as I read from other phone.

Thats is all I found, but I think you know them too, thanks anyway
1) Don't worry, the ENTER key should be programmed to be the same as pressing the SEND button, it makes no sense that the ENTER key carry out its normal function in the program.

2) The title of the chat group is not implemented yet, as it shows the name of the creator of the group and not the group name as it should be. The group's profile is not yet developed, inside the profile you will be able to look: the members of that group, the group's name, rename the group, when it was the group created, add new members to the group, choose a picture for the group .

3) This will be fixed soon. As well if you write a quotation mark "" in the text bubble reads & quot; and if you write the symbol ampersand (&) is read on the bubble this & amp;

4) Not implemented this yet, the text on the button does NOT show the current status, that only a title for now.

Last edited by nicodonte; 2012-06-06 at 22:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicodonte For This Useful Post:
Congrats for your app! It seems great! How can I make it run on N900? Will you make an N900 version? Anyway good work!
A.

The Following User Says Thank You to akira1980 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by akira1980 View Post
Congrats for your app! It seems great! How can I make it run on N900? Will you make an N900 version? Anyway good work!
A.
Will be done, but there is no date, and won't be in just some days.-

Maybe it's a question to add to the FAQ in the first post....

Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Will be done, but there is no date, and won't be in just some days.-

Maybe it's a question to add to the FAQ in the first post....
Obviously the port cannot be started until the N9 version is stable and all important features implemented. Otherwise it will just be carrying over bugs and incompleteness to the N900.

It is too early to ask when the N900 version will be out. Just be satisfied with the answer that it will be done.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by akira1980 View Post
A.
You plan to bake a chocolate cake from recipe book, first attempt failed...and you find your own flaw..improved it on second attempt..but still not close to perfect...and you're still working to bake your cake perfectly...
will you jump the gun directly to bake cheese cake, or fruit cake? or those multi-tower cake? before you can't even make your close-to-perfect-first cake? damn...stop asking..it will be announce when its ready, just like how n9 users silently wait for Wazapp before

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp