Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Disclaimer: I own Sandisk stock.
If you did check your stock performance today I guess your face should be like this:

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
If you did check your stock performance today I guess your face should be like this:
Yeah, it's been sliding-- along with 80% of my portfolio. But I expected it. I locked in a bit of profit last fall when it was obvious this crunch was coming. And it will get worse. And I will add to my SNDK holdings. It's all cyclical.

Originally Posted by Sard View Post
Ok. I have been reading comments on this forum for the last few days and would now like to share my experience.
Call me a lucky swine if you will but my wife bought me an N810 for Christmas. Having got over the initial surprise I decided to go on line and buy the biggest external memory card I could find which of course turned out to be the Sandisk 8GB Micro SD card with a Mini SD adapter. The card duly arrived and was inserted into the N810 with great excitement. It didn’t work!!!!
I then googled around and discovered this forum and soon discovered I wasn’t the only person with the problem. Having read the post from Milhouse in which he advised the fact that he had raised a bug report I then went and voted for the fix.
In the meantime I went and purchased a 2GB micro SD and using the same Mini SD adaptor previously used with the 8GB card inserted it in to the N810 and found that it worked. A couple of days ago I received an automated mail from a maemo support person suggesting that it was the adaptor at fault and that he used a certain adapter from :-http://www.nextdaymemory.co.uk/device/microsd_to_minisd_adapter-157076.html With some scepticism I decided to order one and it arrived in the post today. I inserted the 8GB Micro SD into the new Mini SD adapter and half heartedly inserted it into the N810. IT WORKED!!!
I can now see 7.59 GB of external memory!!
It would appear then that the less than 4 GB cards work ok on most adapters but above this it is a little more picky.
Hope this helps others
Sard

I don't think that site ships to the USA

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Belgium
Hi all,

It would be nice If someone knows a e-shop who ships worldwide which ships both
- the Sandisk micro SDCH 8 GB
- a 'working' micro to mini SD extender for the N810

Cheers, Jan

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Nantes (France)
Originally Posted by janjansenbe View Post
Hi all,

Cheers, Jan
Yes, please!
http://blog.lmartin.fr

Originally Posted by jibanes View Post
I would like to state that I have a N810 and a SanDisk 6GB microSDHC card in a SanDisk MicroSD(HC) to MiniSD(HC) adapter and it works perfectly, and displays, out of the box, under 'file manager' 5.69GB of space available.

I haven't tried the card in any other device, as I said, it's out of the box, let me know if you want any other details, but I think it's all said.
Hi Jibanes,

Can you tell us where you have bought both items, the MicroSD(HC) and the adapter ?

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jibanes,

Can you tell us where you have bought both items, the MicroSD(HC) and the adapter ?

Cheers, Jan
I bought one at Amazon.com (the 6GB) and the adapter came from a 1GB microSD sandisk that I bought at Office Depot (or was it Office Max?), a few blocks from where I live. They're both Sandisk branded, nothing special about it, they came in their original Sandisk packages, which is almost impossible to open. One of these also came with a USB reader, which works perfectly as well.

The 6GB is formated vfat, I've formated it jffs2 but for some reasons it didn't quite worked the way I wanted, so I finally reformatted it back to vfat. But it worked out of the box, without any tricks. I use it every day, the speed is satisfactory for a pda.

I haven't tried a 8GB because they were not available at the time I bought the 6GB, but I've heard the 12GB are coming, so I'll snag one up when they'll be out; I'm sure it'll be working just fine.

I might use ext2 next time, rather than vfat, but either way works fine anyway, no biggie.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Hi all,

Cheers, Jan
The card can be bought here:

http://www.expansys.nl/p.aspx?i=158255

I can't find the adapter in their online catalogue, but who knows? Keep an eye out for it; the search function is rather good.

I've bought quite a lot of stuff from Expansys; their service to Belgium is impeccable, but they are not the cheapest shop around.

Waar in Vlaanderen zit ge ergens?

The Following User Says Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
That's the kit I bought to get the *working* microSD to miniSD:

http://sandisk.com/Products/Item(233...y_Kit_1GB.aspx

Save your $$$ on the 8GB card, I've heard the 12GB is right around the corner.

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
The card can be bought here:

Waar in Vlaanderen zit ge ergens?
Hasselt (Limburg)