Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Just tested, installed a new app, works for me just fine -> ovistore as such is not broken at the moment -> cause to your problems lies elsewhere.
Can you try "Front Camera" or Firefox 13 ?

Originally Posted by shinogami View Post
Can you try "Front Camera" or Firefox 13 ?
its work flawlessly here, :/

AmaziN9. ..

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
@rainisto:

cause you are so close to nokia, maybe you can explain the farce over FM radio update or why is it taking so long time the apps to get in the store? End users fault i guess...

Originally Posted by amaziN9 View Post
its work flawlessly here, :/
Ok, thanks for the info. Other Finnish users besides myself can't download at least FF13 and Front Camera from the store right now. Maybe it's location specific..

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by shinogami View Post
And it's not like it's a one time thing. It's more like the rule that downloads/updates from the store don't work on first try. Indeed a good solution to kill Ovi and move to the Microsoft app market. Clearly Nokia can no longer even maintain a software repository.
and why is that? hint: 12000 people has been fired by elop and,his microsoft team? and now people,ask why ovi/repos does not work?

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
and why is that? hint: 12000 people has been fired by elop and,his microsoft team? and now people,ask why ovi/repos does not work?
And why should we care? That is lame excuse. Some things just have to work a way or another. That's why I wrote the post about their attitude towards customers.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
I did some debugging on FF, ovi store tries to download 12.0 version of the deb and not the 13.0, and that confuses ovi store client. So someone has fuxored the version numbers either in deb file (then the blame goes to mozilla foundation) or someone has fuxored the version numbers on ovi store backend.

I did manage to update my 11.0.1 to 12.0.0 from commandline though.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
And why should we care? That is lame excuse. Some things just have to work a way or another. That's why I wrote the posost about their attitude towards customers.
yeah right...
soo you mean the small team left should work 24h/day?

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
I did some debugging on FF, ovi store tries to download 12.0 version of the deb and not the 13.0, and that confuses ovi store client. So someone has fuxored the version numbers either in deb file (then the blame goes to mozilla foundation) or someone has fuxored the version numbers on ovi store backend.

I did manage to update my 11.0.1 to 12.0.0 from commandline though.
Thanks for resolving. Even if it was mozillas (or whomever) fault, what do you think, who gets the blame?

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
soo you mean the small geam left should work 24h/day?
Of course not. You missed my point completely. If they even care about the customer service whatsoever, they wouldn't fire so many people working with it.

Edit:

I explain it in my own point of view...

I work in a small software company in finland. If our customers order something from us, and over 50% of our workers are on a holiday, do you think they care less? If they have ordered something and paid for it, they expect to get it. No excuses.

Last edited by late88; 2012-06-11 at 15:59.