Active Topics

Hi.
I have had the WSOD before with my first Nokia 770 unit. I got the lines that go thru it, etc. I sent that unit to Nokia repair and got a "replacement back", that has been working fine for two months. Now , this replacement unit just stopped functioning. I fully charged it up and then went to use it, but it just loads the Nokia welcome screen and then after that it hangs on that screen. Every 30 seconds or so after that is flashes to black for an instant and then goes back to the Nokia welcome screen. It stays like that forever, so I have to remove the battery to turn it off, as the power button does nothing to turn it off once it is powered on.
Is this part of the WSOD problem, or a different problem that can be fixed by me ??
Please let me know,
Thanks.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
This does not seem to be WSOD.

Perhaps a re-flashing to the latest and the final Nokia OS release will get the Nokia 770 back to a working state.

Charge the Nokia 770 for a few hours and then try to re-flash it.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the info. What are the steps to reflashing it ?? Is there a tutorial for that?

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
There are a few steps involved in re-flashing. You will need to use the USB cable that came with your Nokia 770.

Search this IT site to find out the links to Nokia website from where you will be able to download the latest Nokia 770 OS update and re-flash it. The steps are mentioned here at this site. You can also search for this at the Nokia website directly.

Name:  post_thanks.gif
Views: 155
Size:  359 Bytes

Last edited by Arjun; 2008-01-08 at 21:28.