Active Topics

I have one tip:

Every time I un-plug the N9 from the charger (full or partially charged), set Airplane Mode (Flight Mode) On, wait some secs and then turn it off.

This action will remove, and then add again the "SIM" icon on your app-grid screen, so some meego process that (working faulty because some bug) will be stopped, and then the battery consumption will be normal.

I've tried several times not using this method and, after several minutes, in the Battery Monitor App, Meego System is draining battery like hell.

Hope it help!

Just for the record:
Running Meggo PR1.2, Bright 80%, 2G, Wazzap, 1hr MfE => 36 hrs of battery life.

Originally Posted by gpollano View Post
I have one tip:

Every time I un-plug the N9 from the charger (full or partially charged), set Airplane Mode (Flight Mode) On, wait some secs and then turn it off.

This action will remove, and then add again the "SIM" icon on your app-grid screen, so some meego process that (working faulty because some bug) will be stopped, and then the battery consumption will be normal.

I've tried several times not using this method and, after several minutes, in the Battery Monitor App, Meego System is draining battery like hell.

Hope it help!

Just for the record:
i try it
my dream

method for "reset" battery bad calibration?

I think that if you drain the battery at zero charge, the calibration will restart.
Of course, don't do this often.

When the phone says 0%, the real SOC (State of Charge) of the lithuim-ion battery is some point around 50%. If you drain further, the battery life will be shortened early than normal, so the Phone shutdown itself before that happen. (The battery also get 'tired' for long exposure to high temp).

So the chip that monitors the Battery SOC has two methods for calculate SOC: Measuring the Voltage and Counting the mA-hr consumption. The "calibration" consist of refreshing the formula that link Voltage with SOC in the monitor chip.

This however in not magical. If the Battery Monitor App say, for example 24 hs remaining and the phone shutdown it self in 24 hs, there is not much room for re calibration.

Hope it helps

Originally Posted by gpollano View Post
I have one tip:

Hope it help!

Just for the record:
YES !! That makes a different !!!
I used to have 40+mA even after reboot. Now I just did what you suggested and I am down to 21mA ! (3G+Wifi)