Active Topics

Can't figure this one out. I've manually put several albums (FLAC) files into 'music' on my N9. The tracks are in folders as well as a small jpeg of the album cover. For some reason, only two of the 6 cover art appear as icons while the other albums are represented by the title of the album. What gives?

The music player on the N9 looks great, but kinda sucks. no eq, barely any album artwork, doesnt combine all same bands/albums if something is uppercased or lower.. lmao (like if one album of Norther is spelled NORTHER, and the other is Norther it will think its two different bands). so i have like 2 Norther bands, 2/3 of other bands, gets kind of annoying. sorry for my rant, but yeah. need some work, i do love how it looks though. if sigma and nokias player were combined that would be amazing, sigma is ugly imo, looks like a android player, but it has more function.

they have a album artwork app. but its not free

It's probably because those files are really tagged with the art in a way that the N9 recognizes. I can tell you why but that's all complicated stuff. Just add album art to the files by using "mp3tag" (it's free to download) and then put them on your N9. I've got thousands of songs on my N9 with album art. They all show.

@stratax...that's the way most music players work. Iphone, itunes, etc. If there's a difference in upper or lower case the albums are not looked at as the same. Only makes sense.

Originally Posted by dagee04 View Post

@stratax...that's the way most music players work. Iphone, itunes, etc. If there's a difference in upper or lower case the albums are not looked at as the same. Only makes sense.
well considering you stated two apple made products, ive never used either of them and never will. anything made by microsoft, or google dont do that. zune, wmp, android player, the 100 different players on android, wp7, wm6.5, etc.

oh and i didnt mean just albums, i meant artist as well.. lol xD i can see if it does it for albums (still annoying though), artist is a different story.

2 through the eyes of the dead, and three we butter the bread with butter. they are spelled the same, but different capitalization

thanks, but is there a Mac equivalent to mp3tag?

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by efeinblatt View Post
thanks, but is there a Mac equivalent to mp3tag?
I was once looking for something like that on Mac. Something similar simply doesn't exist... But you could use WineBottler to run Windows version mp3tag on your Mac. This should work very well.

Depending if you organize your musics properly or not. Mine is working perfectly, I edit all the songs I downloaded and adding in thumbnails, so I have no such problems; even if I do, I will edit them before putting it into the phone.

How to add thumbnails? use iTunes. Edit from there: albums, artist, album arts.