BB's new OS isn't based on unix. But it shares some close resemblance to it. Plus its using Qt-framework...very interesting.

I rather the new BBX OS over Tizen, to be truthful. But Android over both of them, its finally mature enough and powerful enough and the great services Google provides. Let alone the support from oems and third-party devs.

Otherwise, wait for the new openSUSE version (based on Linux 3.5) with ARM-support... its the closest thing to MeeGo 1.3

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
BB's new OS isn't based on unix. But it shares some close resemblance to it. Plus its using Qt-framework...very interesting.

I rather the new BBX OS over Tizen, to be truthful. But Android over both of them, its finally mature enough and powerful enough and the great services Google provides. Let alone the support from oems and third-party devs.

Otherwise, wait for the new openSUSE version (based on Linux 3.5) with ARM-support... its the closest thing to MeeGo 1.3
Blackberry 10 is QNX, which 100% based off Unix.

It's a much more modern, UNIX-based operating system from QNX that has run critical industrial infrastructure and telematic systems incars for years.

Read more: http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-574...#ixzz1yGySJUd0

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
but why do you need to change phones?
Whats wrong with the n900?

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
If I had to choose a new mobile now or the near future I would really don't know what to get either. WP7/8 is out of the question, iOS is as well. I can't stand those ultra-closed systems which dictate what I may and may not do with my own device. For that matter, BB10 is probably not an option either. What's left is Symbian, Android and Tizen I guess.

Symbian is somewhat closed as well - I've learned the hard way on the N95 when the system said NO when I tried to install a system tool. Bah.

I'm not too fond of google in general, and even less how they've put some kind of frankenstein-Java and Linux on Android. The multitasking of Android annoys me actually, it's often unclear whether an app is still running or booted from memory. The N9's multitasking is far superiour and much easier in fact, for both users as developers.

Tizen might be an option, if they decide to support Qt and have a generally agreeable openess and have proper multitasking. It would be better if they demote the "HTML5 to write apps"-crap in favor of Qt / Qt Quick (Qt Quick is brilliant btw). Using HTML5 and webtech for apps is just pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ.

So, I'm not only pissed at Nokia/Elop for killing just MeeGo and variants, but for depriving the world of a good, open mobile platform which doesn't treat me as an idiot.

(Yeah I'm aware Qt Quick uses javascript, but for once JS is a good option)

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Why dont you send a letter to Elop and ask him?

He seems sure whats best for everyone....

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Grab the N9 or wait for the BB 10 OS

Get the nokia 808 pureview.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ india
Whats wrong with the n900? ..

that's right,why he waste the time here? if he want to buy a new phone than go ahead. we need positive attitude threads only.

Last edited by ammuvi; 2012-06-22 at 06:07.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ammuvi View Post
Whats wrong with the n900?
Some people had bad USB ports.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Some people had bad USB ports.
he/she did say they had a bad usb... Besides the phone still works fine with no usb.. U just need a bat charge and a micro sd.

N900 will always have a communty..its a special device!