Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
That article is plain wrong. That is not what Microsoft is doing and you will see that.
Which part(s) do you disagree with?

Originally Posted by shinogami View Post
I wonder what will happen to the Nokia stock when Microsoft announces the flagship in-house built WP8 phone. Let's hope Nokia wasn't stupid enough to not have this scenario covered by the secret treaty. However, the fact that it already happened with tablets leads me to think otherwise. They might be ****** in the *** hard by Microsoft. Needless to say, this would seal the fate of Nokia.
already posted it a couple days ago...
Flop literally killed NOKIA with his ignominious statements (Burning platform & all)
'til that @$$O started farting out those statements, NOKIA was the n°1 mobile device manufacturer and the sales of Symbian devices where growing. slower they the general market (certainly then the latest iPotatos figures) but still, growing. considering there were already on top, with a comfortable margin....

before that, m$ could even hope to regain foot in the (mobile) market the same way they became top dog in the PC market... simply getting shipped / sold with every (IBM or others') XT/AT/PC (the 1st Personal Computer models).
if that @$$O had shut his @$$O & not started farting so badly all over, ppl would have gone on buying NOKIA devices and...
o, it's different... o, whatever, it's a NOKIA....
Bllamer has all rights & reasons to be angry @ Flop/Fart. m$ spent a small fortune (very small, with respect to there means) supporting NOKIA "in the transistion", all for nothing.

of course they don't care whether NOKIA survives.
why would they?

as to the general discussion wp / 8 / wm...
how many times do you have to make fundamental architectural changes before getting it right?
how many times do you have to put past customers on a one way no exit lane?

how long are you going on, claiming they'll ever get it right?

m$ only got to be m$ because IBM was too lazy to develop an OS themselves for XT/AT/PC
that was ~30 yrs ago
back to... the present? because of Flop/Fart they lost their last chance to get it right...

period, end of discussion

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
Lumiaman, im not sure what level of knowledge you had, but 3GS able to upgrade to IOS6
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/06...ying-iphone-5/

Apple is just sneakier than WP. WP will have 7.8 update, which is what Apple is doing for 3GS. MS will rule soon, and you are smarter than that to know.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Thing is:

Those who bought N9 instead of Lumia won anyway. Because we have a community that still will makes apps. We have more features on the device.

Those buying Lumia are just stupid people who doesn't care cause they just use it as a dumbphone anyway.

Or more like this: They could have bought an S40 instead and still have same stuff as Lumia crap device for alot lower price.
You are so wrong. Lumia is a better experience overall. N9 is a frustrating, non-optimized, non-fluid, stuttering ******, whose software development was stunted by inadequate engineering.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
You are so wrong. Lumia is a better experience overall. N9 is a frustrating, non-optimized, non-fluid, stuttering ******, whose software development was stunted by inadequate engineering.
They both have hiccups. I just had an issue where an incoming call on my Lumia 900 would light up, then go black and I couldn't turn the screen back on.

Both the N9 and Lumia 900 have randomly disconnected my Bose Series 2 bluetooth earpiece as well as my Pioneer car stereo system.

I've had, within the last week, a random reboot on the Lumia 900. And while on the phone, getting back to an incoming message is not as simple as getting to one when you're not using the phone. And something that I've never seen before happened... I had a phone call come in, while I was on the phone... and then another call came in right after that, disconnected the middle person, only keeping the last person.

I've taken pics that look great on the phone only to have them look all noisy and horrible when I transfer them. Timeouts on uploading 68k filesize images to Twitter and e-mails being sent multiple times.

All Lumia 900. I can go deeper if you wish.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Linus Torvalds on Microsoft hatred:

I'm a big believer in "technology over politics". I don't care who it comes from, as long as there are solid reasons for the code, and as long as we don't have to worry about licensing etc issues.

http://www.osnews.com/story/21887/Li...d_is_a_Disease

I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open development, and that very much involves not just making the source open, but also not shutting other people and companies out.

There are 'extremists' in the free software world, but that's one major reason why I don't call what I do 'free software' any more. I don't w

There are 'extremists' in the free software world, but that's one major reason why I don't call what I do 'free software' any more. I don't w

Would you care to shed a little light on what it is that you actually do?

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Would you care to shed a little light on what it is that you actually do?
we may not know what he does but we know what he doesn't do. he doesn't w

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/06...ying-iphone-5/

Apple is just sneakier than WP. WP will have 7.8 update, which is what Apple is doing for 3GS.
No. There is a difference:

If an app is developed for IOS6, which doesn't use any of the features unavailable on that handset, then it can still run on the 3GS.

If an app is developed for WP8, it will never run on WP7.8.

That is a big difference.

I don't know how much more simply it can be explained.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caa For This Useful Post:
Linus Torvalds on Microsoft hatred:

I'm a big believer in "technology over politics". I don't care who it comes from, as long as there are solid reasons for the code, and as long as we don't have to worry about licensing etc issues.

http://www.osnews.com/story/21887/Li...d_is_a_Disease

I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open development, and that very much involves not just making the source open, but also not shutting other people and companies out.

Who here has a hatred for MS other than misterc? This is a linux community, yet I've only ever seen misterc as a real MS hater. Linus only last week:

http://www.splicd.com/MShbP3OpASA/2426/2437

At least Linus agrees that their public statements are mostly bull.