That is lucky yeah.

Before I got mine I was eyeing up an "bricked" unit that went for £100, they can be had cheap but you need to be quick.

I got my 64gb for £290 shipped to the UK, now for an online retail outlet you would be hard pressed to find a 16gb for that over here. Not sure how they compare against the androids here though?

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Just my thoughts but the galaxy nexus owns the n9 in almost all aspects.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
Just my thoughts but the galaxy nexus owns the n9 in almost all aspects.
which aspect? Do you know what are you talking about?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
I went to buy an N9, but got a Galaxy Nexus instead of it, mainly because of the fact that a single-core phone with a smaller screen is more expensive than an OMAP4460, 4.65" HD Super AMOLED with a STOCK Android 4.0.4 build. I immediately unlocked the bootloader/rooted it, and installed the Trinity 512MHz GPU kernel OC'ing to 1.67GHz.
The thing feels like a rocket ship within your hands.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
which aspect? Do you know what are you talking about?
Well let's be realistic a bit in here. What do you want from a smartphone? I mean, I know that Harmattan is a one son of a gun OS with all the open-source Linux goodies and so forth, but the device is just doomed to extinction. I lived the N900 experience, and without lying to you, when I see all the folks with their sparkling multi-core Android ICS handsets, I do feel like I'm from the 70s.

The Galaxy Nexus does just what all smartphones should be doing in the most perfect way ever, yet being one of the few most "open" stock Android handsets available.

Just look at the internals, the TI OMAP 4460, in terms of raw CPU compute power, blows all other mobile processors out of the competition, it definitely surpasses all dual-core CPUs available today in the market. The only negative side is the GPU, which is an the SGX540, but it is just powerful enough to operate all visual content including the most demanding games (Real Racing, GOF2, etc...) on this tough, lush 4.65" HD screen with A LOT of pixels to push at 50FPS, never below 40. You would notice that the stock I/O performance of the Galaxy Nexus is below average once trying it out, but this is where custom kernels jump in to save the day. I'm using the Trinity kernel with the SiO Scheduler activated and the I/O performance now surpasses all handsets. It's just a plain rocket-ship.

Now I know, that the OS is crappy JAVA codes built on a Linux kernel, true dat, but Android 4 is really different. ICS is really awesomely different than all of the past Android versions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
yes better cpu and gpu, i admit, and have massive support and fans too, but the OS is one step behind, its nokia fault that not continue to support maemo again,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
yes better cpu and gpu, i admit, and have massive support and fans too, but the OS is one step behind, its nokia fault that not continue to support maemo again,
Nokia always releases nice hardware without extensive support and instead stick to those "mass-appealing" low end Symbians with ARM11s...
Android with custom ROMs and kernels are open enough and I don't see a reason for waiting for Nokia's further MeeGo devices (AND TIZEN, I just know it will be history sooer than expected, even with Sammy's prototype GT-i9500) as they will be obsolete as long as Elop lives.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
Nokia always releases nice hardware without extensive support and instead stick to those "mass-appealing" low end Symbians with ARM11s...
Android with custom ROMs and kernels are open enough and I don't see a reason for waiting for Nokia's further MeeGo devices (AND TIZEN, I just know it will be history sooer than expected, even with Sammy's prototype GT-i9500) as they will be obsolete as long as Elop lives.
Very well said.

Thats why, i hope tizen coming faster and better, and i hope maemo can get something from there(porting them app, etc)

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
In US, you can get N9 for 300 Euros, for sure
64 GB N9 goes for 350 euros on US Amazon.

Lumia 900 unlocked goes for 317 euros on US Amazon.

Brick and mortar stores are higher.