Active Topics

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
We have a prediction from mikecomputing that the 808 won't succeed. Now we get to see whether he knows what he is talking about...
How will we ever know?

Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
How will we ever know?
Success or not success. Does it really matter? IMO it doesn't matter a single bit. The 808 is the pinnacle of a real Nokia smartphone. If you're a gadgeteer with a taste for Nokia that's the only thing that matters, but it still is a really good phone with a out of this world camera.

The N9 and the 808 are the last two real "high end" Nokia phones.. so being a Nokia supporter, I am getting both, and I plan on using the 808 as a daily phone. I've been using the N8, and it does everything I need it to do.. I don't see why the 808 would be any different.

The Following User Says Thank You to vlad0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ London
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Your just naive if you think 808 will have a life? Nokia has already killed it. Its not even marketed in northeuropean and all they talk here is about "how pureview will come to WP in the future blablabla"

II would definitivly NOT buy anything comming from Nokia after last weeks "announcement"

Nokia is done. Theyr just Microsoft company now.
demand in the UK is high 808 are selling as fast as Amazon can get the from Nokia and there has been no marketing in the UK, even Nokia have admitted demand is greater than they ever expected, plus IMHO 80% of people maybe more do not have a clue about mobile OS's

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Many people on this very site, me included, have expressed quite a bit of interest. I think it is obviously a success. Of course, success is a relative term...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Many people on this very site, me included, have expressed quite a bit of interest. I think it is obviously a success. Of course, success is a relative term...
A success compared to what exactly though? The meager amount of interest from this site cannot be a realistic gauge of interest by no means... we're enthusiasts. Early adopters.

We make up the part that companies that can afford to lose in some situations.

808 now in stock @ amazon US

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by ayos! View Post
808 now in stock @ amazon US
I bought my White 808 PureView from SGBEST.COM - Singapore. It cost about $100 less than from Amazon, although Amazon is promising a US Warranty.

The results from the camera are, as expected, stunning. Symbian Belle FP1 is good, although I've seen smoother Android implementations. There are enough apps to meet many of the needs I have.

My N9...remains a beautiful device. Both in its H/W and its S/W. It all comes together in a way that Symbian (or Android) can't touch. When I need to launch the app list on the 808 I think, "oh, a button. How quaint."

Annoyingly I'll probably end up carrying two devices. The 808 as a "camera I always have with me - and one that has an open network connection" and the N9 for everything else.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kjmackey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kjmackey View Post
Annoyingly I'll probably end up carrying two devices. The 808 as a "camera I always have with me - and one that has an open network connection" and the N9 for everything else.
i might/could end up doing the same thing, but a future lumia and the 808

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
How would people that own Pureview respond to this review:

"The Nokia 808 PureView comes with a WebKit browser with support for multiple windows. That's about where the positives end. The browser is very slow compared to modern browsers on iOS, Android, Windows Phone, or even BlackBerry, and scrolling and zooming are nothing but frustrating and slow. I also had the browser crash on numerous occasions while trying to load a website that other browsers have no trouble with. The 808's low-resolution display does not help matters at all, as it is nearly impossible to read any text on a web site without zooming in significantly. The browser would have offered a passable experience in 2005, but here in 2012, it is just a waste of time. "

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: