Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
edwsin1 you have to send your log so I can see what's wrong...

You didn't read completely the first post, did you...

Log is located @ /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log

Upload that to uppit.com or somewhere else and send me the link.

Hello there,

I just wanna to thanks you Scorpius for what u did for us, when i found ur prog. i guess it was like dream come true

anyways i have 2 thing i hope u really put them in ur todo list for the program.

#1 - the online stats for the user ur talking with cause i can't find who's offline and who's online just when i start to chat with him .

#2 - i guess the program must have a nice cool theme for it, and about that i guess i can help if u don't mind, i have alot Exp Css3 + Html5 + jquery if it will help u in some where just pm me

once again can't find word to thanks u with

The Following User Says Thank You to nemosucker For This Useful Post:
The #1 point has been addressed too many times in the thread. Whatsapp gives different meanings to the status; Online means Whatsapp is the foreground application of the user. Offline means it is in the background, or maybe it is in the foreground, but not connected to the Internet. You can't stop Whatsapp from running in iPhones, Android or other Nokias. Whatsapp is ALWAYS running.

Offline DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN the user is not connected to the Internet. It just means the application is NOT in the foreground: the user is not actively using it in that very precise moment.

Just send messages to everybody like if it were SMS, you'll see they will become online when they read your message.

I guess you haven't used Whatsapp in another device :P

#2 Bells & Whistles like colors, icons, fonts an all that stuff won't be implemented until all Whatsapp functionality is done. The priority right now is to have a complete Whatsapp client. After that maybe the source code will be open, and you and everybody else will be welcomed to help customization and other stuff.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
The #1 point has been addressed too many times in the thread. Whatsapp gives different meanings to the status; Online means Whatsapp is the foreground application of the user. Offline means it is in the background, or maybe it is in the foreground, but not connected to the Internet. You can't stop Whatsapp from running in iPhones, Android or other Nokias. Whatsapp is ALWAYS running.

Offline DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN the user is not connected to the Internet. It just means the application is NOT in the foreground: the user is not actively using it in that very precise moment.

Just send messages to everybody like if it were SMS, you'll see they will become online when they read your message.

I guess you haven't used Whatsapp in another device :P

#2 Bells & Whistles like colors, icons, fonts an all that stuff won't be implemented until all Whatsapp functionality is done. The priority right now is to have a complete Whatsapp client. After that maybe the source code will be open, and you and everybody else will be welcomed to help customization and other stuff.
hehehehehe "I guess you haven't used Whatsapp in another device :P" you got me now buddy :PP just don't tell any one

But i guess i have more Q coming , How about supporting rtl way cause am Egyptian and our lang. is Arabic and it's not start from ltr but rtl so when some one chat with me and he got an arabic name omg the chat looking ugly "text in the middle".

Other one is u enable smile's but when i hit " or or :P or any smile shortcut it not appear just the text short cut, But when some one text me when he hit smile i appear to me so how can i use smile and see it in my own window !

That's all

For just now heheheh

BTW how it will take till it complete and i know it will be a perfect Aps ever

We appreciate what ur trying to do.

@ nemosucker

First read the thread if you have questions. Do some search before simply posting it!
So I`ll help you: look at page 61. The force is with you.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
As said by 814d3 that questions are already answered. Maybe adding a FAQ to first post would be a good idea Scorpius

Smileys receiving is supported but not smileys sending by now. It will be done.

And about writing in arabic: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ic#post1232510

Here's another quick update. More bug fixes. There are still a lot of bugs to fix (I have at least 6 more written down in a list here).

* Yappari announces the newest Whatsapp version so you won't be getting any more messages about upgrading it.
* Changed Qt Mobility to native osso-abook libraries to avoid crashes on start some people were getting. Kudos to llucax.
* Set SO_KEEPALIVE option in the socket to help people with really bad connections (2G/2.5G), because somebody here suggested it.
* You can change your status now via the menu option "Status".
* Fixed the "Disappearing Yappari" bug which was the hardest to find. Now you can run Yappari for weeks and it will not close itself.

The deb: http://uppit.com/03m8b8fryxse/yappari_0.0.16_armel.deb

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
* Fixed the "Disappearing Yappari" bug which was the hardest to find. Now you can run Yappari for weeks and it will not close itself.
Thank you especially for this fix !

The Following User Says Thank You to parkcj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2011 @ sudan
@scorpius ...
my n900 is in maintenance so i can't try the new update

but do i can see the others status ? or just updating mine ?

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by som3a View Post
@scorpius ...
my n900 is in maintenance so i can't try the new update

but do i can see the others status ? or just updating mine ?
You can not see other people's status yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp