Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brisbane, AU
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3.diff

Can someone apply it and report if all goes well ?
Yes. Appears to apply cleanly and all is working well (PR1.3). Need to wait for sunset here to see if the auto day/night works, but I'm sure it will.

Thank you for making it super simple to apply this mod.

Originally Posted by SteveYoungs View Post
Need to wait for sunset here to see if the auto day/night works, but I'm sure it will.
Unfortunately, there appears to be no support in Drive to periodically check whether day has turned into night or vice-versa, so you will only see the display switch states if you restart the application. This was probably the main reason this feature had been deactivated. Maybe somebody will come up with a periodic timer to check or so.

Anyway, yeah, thanks colin.stephane for providing a unified patch!

Last edited by mbanck; 2012-07-14 at 14:38.

How do I apply this patch?

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by alex25 View Post
Have a look into the qml files and you know the reason. :-)
LOL you are right! In one of the qml file saw the following comment

Code:
TODO: change back when management makes up their mind

Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Hi all,

After clarifications, here is a patch taking care of all remarks I found in this thread (auto Day/Night Mode, Traffic option enabled and properly refreshed button) :

- Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3.diff

Can someone apply it and report if all goes well ?

A++
How to apply this patch, please explain

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
How to apply this patch, please explain
Read the first post about patching!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

At this point I think a wiki page is probably the better way to summarize the information. But I cannot find how to create a wiki on TMO..... can someone create one?

The past week I spent some time studying the codes. Mainly, I want to see how to make the distance block display remaining time (TTD, time-to-destination). Also, there is another obvious hidden feature, detailed traffic page, that has been largely coded, but just didn't get called.

For TTD, I first tried calculating it from speed/distance. But obviously this is flawed by nature.... digging deeper I see that TTD has been calculated in the source code. It is shown in the InfoBanner (the one with a "Start Navigation" button) that appears after you select the destination. However, TTD comes from routeModel and is only derived when calculating the route. That means to update the value, we need to periodically re-calculate the route. Also flawed to me. I try searching for other variables that resemble TTD, but there are nothing explicit. I am guessing there might be hidden TTD variable in C++ side, but for the QML objects defined in C++, I have no visibility into the source code so really couldn't verify. Maybe Symbian's QML code will be useful to reveal that.

In short, I don't have a definite solution for this feature.

However, I do think the community can try uncovering the traffic detail page. I don't see the page loaded anywhere in the source code, the easiest way is probably to add an option in the setting menu, and onClicked open the traffic detail page.

Unfortunately I don't have time to look into these further, I hope someone can pick them up from here. If anyone is interested, let me know I can share more detailed info.

Last edited by sony123; 2012-07-15 at 05:45.

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
However, I do think the community can try uncovering the traffic detail page. I don't see the page loaded anywhere in the source code, the easiest way is probably to add an option in the setting menu, and onClicked open the traffic detail page.
I noticed that unfinished feature while browsing the code as well. I guess a button next to the show/hide traffic button in the "main menu" (the one you get to when you hit the menu button in guidance-mode) is more appropriate than adding it to preferences menu, as it is not really a setting. But maybe I just misunderstood you.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
didnt work at all for me. the first thing with the .diff file said something doesnt exist. the .deb file said "invalid file operation". maybe someone can make this to one working package.