Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Stop acting like a smartass - please. You know as good as anyone that going from a "higher" release (some country code for instance) to a "lower" (the generic release) is the same as downgrading, and thus impossible, even though it is the same Pr. That's the whole point here.

You said it can be done without downgrade to Pr1.2. Well? How exactly?

Since you know that it is in your own words "impossible" to downgrade from a higher variant to a lower variant why do you ask to downgrade from even a more ridiculous situation (pr1.3 to pr1.2)?

Your recent posts are more for picking fights then making sense...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Stop acting like a smartass - please. You know as good as anyone that going from a "higher" release (some country code for instance) to a "lower" (the generic release) is the same as downgrading, and thus impossible, even though it is the same Pr. That's the whole point here.

You said it can be done without downgrade to Pr1.2. Well? How exactly?
The only one acting like a smart-arse or being rude here so far has been you...
I did not realise that was your point, & if you look at my responses that's pretty obvious.
And looking at your posts it's easy to see how I could not realise this....

If you hadn't already upgraded to PR1.3, then you could've flashed to a lower variant code from PR1.2.
IIRC you can change product code & THEN try flashing to a lower variant code, but it's somewhat risky.
But that may be a risk you're prepared to investigate & take, in order to flash to a lower variant code.
I'm rusty on how or if it really works, I know some got themselves into a mess trying it, but IIRC at least one or two pulled-it-off.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-19 at 15:34. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
If you hadn't already upgraded to PR1.3, you could've flashed to a lower variant code from PR1.2.
Yes exactly, if I hadn't already upgraded to Pr1.3 ..... What can I say, sometimes you act before thinking.

But please, with sugar on top? Why do you think I asked in the first place?

Yes exactly, if I hadn't already upgraded to Pr1.3 ..... What can I say, sometimes you act before thinking.

See updated (prior) post....

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

If you've already upgraded to PR1.3, then you have to downgrade to debrand. Changing the product code won't help, so don't bother with that. This is one of the reasons why I strongly advise against doing the OTA upgrade (as opposed to flashing), especially on a branded phone.

There is a way to downgrade, but it's a bit tricky and only works from normal mode (not open mode). Let me know if you want to try it.

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
There is a way to downgrade, but it's a bit tricky and only works from normal mode (not open mode). Let me know if you want to try it.
Coulda sworn lowering variant code* involved changing the product code using (non-dodgy) NSS? (only part of the whole process ofc)
If you could point to where it's fully explained/outlined it'd be appreciated, with big red disclaimers of course!

*w/o having to downgrade to a earlier major release

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-19 at 18:59.

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
If you've already upgraded to PR1.3, then you have to downgrade to debrand. Changing the product code won't help, so don't bother with that. This is one of the reasons why I strongly advise against doing the OTA upgrade (as opposed to flashing), especially on a branded phone.

Yes please

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
It seems in PR1.3 I'm unable to open links in text messages, my default browser is set to nightly from Romaxa's Fennec builds.

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
It seems in PR1.3 I'm unable to open links in text messages, my default browser is set to nightly from Romaxa's Fennec builds.
There's a thread for that:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85234&page=31
Or here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85519
Or here (the official place, that devs are actually still screening):
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...p?220-Nokia-N9

I don't even know any more, sigh...
If you want to post only at TMO, I'd say the 2nd one is best.
For the 1st link the OP mainly wants to focus on fixes IIRC.

Cheers.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-19 at 21:36.

So it came to pass, the epic discussion thread faded away...

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert