Absolutely gorgeous idea, especially, if it would be possible to use N9/50's screen as a touchpad, and N950's keyboard as a... keyboard . It would make it kinda "feature complete wireless keyboard/mouse", connectable via wifi, bluetooth PAN, or cable.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Windows Media Center remote control. That would be awesome!
Even better would be XBMC

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Absolutely gorgeous idea, especially, if it would be possible to use N9/50's screen as a touchpad, and N950's keyboard as a... keyboard . It would make it kinda "feature complete wireless keyboard/mouse", connectable via wifi, bluetooth PAN, or cable.

/Estel
I honestly don't even know how to do that. As mentioned it's a request/response protocol. So a request to the server takes some time. I don't know how fast the whole movement works. The Keyboard will not be a problem. But the mouse could take some time, i don't want to spam the server with position commands every second.. :/

jalyst, yeah, since i put this on my Raspberry, XBMC could get support then.

Morpog:
I think Windows Media Center has the same API like Windows Media Player, we'll see

Last edited by pinvoke; 2012-07-20 at 13:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to pinvoke For This Useful Post:
This is a very good project.
I would like to see, if possible, connecting to a linux machine and mouse interaction. This can be a nice presenter mouse. Probably over bluetooth....

Originally Posted by gbhasu View Post
This is a very good project.
I would like to see, if possible, connecting to a linux machine and mouse interaction. This can be a nice presenter mouse. Probably over bluetooth....

Sorry, this project requires a internet / private network connection. Bluetooth will not be supported. But you could share your wlan connection on your notebook, and connect it with your N9.

mediamonkey?

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
1. MPlayer
2. XBMC
3. Audacious
4. Whatever nice uses you find for RP as I'm getting one myself too.

For client UI maybe a screen that shows installed/enabled modules as buttons. Pressing "MPlayer" would then show controls for that module. (Open file/select subtitle/play/ffd/rwd/volume etc.) and also a button to add custom argument(s) for the program being run.

Originally Posted by pinvoke View Post
Sorry, this project requires a internet / private network connection. Bluetooth will not be supported.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but bluetooth PAN shouldn't act as a full-fledged network, with IP, correct protocols, and so goes on?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
1. MPlayer
2. XBMC
3. Audacious
4. Whatever nice uses you find for RP as I'm getting one myself too.

For client UI maybe a screen that shows installed/enabled modules as buttons. Pressing "MPlayer" would then show controls for that module. (Open file/select subtitle/play/ffd/rwd/volume etc.) and also a button to add custom argument(s) for the program being run.
I still don't know anything about the UI, i think you will have one "Player-UI" and every player module will load this.

Estel,
i don't know anything about bluetooth. My App requires access to your server via tcp/ip.

I have holidays at the moment, so i won't code that much. But i have changed the protocol, which is much more faster than it was before. A request takes around 8msecs now (1.8 _Seconds_ before), and the server can send blind commands to the client. Like push messages, or later requests. The library is growing, but still a lot of improvements have to be done.

The Following User Says Thank You to pinvoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
I would like to see:
- foobar, vlc, xmbc, mediamonkey
- sms from pc