Active Topics

Anybody else unable to select text with either the iOS grob or the Android grob?

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Thanks to everyone involved in making this possible.

However, any chance this could be made available as a tweak in N9 QTweak. Anyone willing to make it happen? It would make things a ton easier for users who aren't so willing to incept and tamper to this current extent.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Anybody else unable to select text with either the iOS grob or the Android grob?
Nope...i've been using Android grob since pr1.0 and this has never cropped up...could you try a reboot?

Edit: Just saw your post on the pr1.3 thread...yes if you meant about the sliders disappearing in the text selection i just realised i'm having the same issue...it could be a problem with pr1.3 grob as this UA change was based on the grob from pr1.2...i'll do a re-install of grob and try again later...and upload any modifications that may be required if im able to...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-07-14 at 04:02.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
Thanks to everyone involved in making this possible.

However, any chance this could be made available as a tweak in N9 QTweak. Anyone willing to make it happen? It would make things a ton easier for users who aren't so willing to incept and tamper to this current extent.

You could ask on the N9QTweak thread...however, inception is a must for this to stick after a reboot if you are not in open mode so users unwilling to incept won't be able to use this even if its on N9QTweak...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Nope...i've been using Android grob since pr1.0 and this has never cropped up...could you try a reboot?

Edit: Just saw your post on the pr1.3 thread...yes if you meant about the sliders disappearing in the text selection i just realised i'm having the same issue...it could be a problem with pr1.3 grob as this UA change was based on the grob from pr1.2...i'll do a re-install of grob and try again later...and upload any modifications that may be required if im able to...
Thanks I think this is due that unfortunately.

Gonna reinstall the default grob and hopefully that fixes it

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Originally Posted by superjunior View Post
As root on terminal

Code:
apt-get install --reinstall grob
Running this resulted in an error as refhaslist contained a different signature!

Could somebody reload the default PR1.3 grob?

I restored my backup and then ran the refhaslist script and am rebooting now, and got a MALF....

I don't even think just replacing the grob will work... As I can't run the script on the device during a MALF repair.. FFS reflash it is, always at the most inconvenient times..

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post

Quicker to just reflash and reinstall stuff, luckily im free and have time to do this.. I will await for your progress on a PR1.3 compatabile Android/iOS grob

My Contributions

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-07-14 at 09:12.

Great !It worked very well!Thanks a lot!

Ok now iOS GROB do playback youtube content

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by eltoffer View Post
Ok now iOS GROB do playback youtube content
ios plays back youtube stuff?

Edit: verified, it works

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Last edited by Arie; 2012-07-21 at 01:25.

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
ios plays back youtube stuff?

Edit: verified, it works
Wait?

Is this using PR1.3??

This grob needs to be updated for PR1.3 and using the custom grobs from PR1.2 modified grob file results in the inability to select text in the browser.

My Contributions