Notices

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by phamgia View Post
I meant that we have options to update the weather 1,2,4 hours or never in setting. Is there any chance that you add an option to update it daily: Thank you for a great app.
ok. I will do it.

Vlad,

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Almost all the issues I reported way back in the thread still exist, sadly...
And the app load time is still quite slow, but at least the splash screen gives somewhat of an illusion that it's loading faster.*
The only criticism of the splash screen, is that it doesn't behave like other splash screens for stock/native apps.

*as transition effects usually do
I've worked full week for optimisation start of program. And I didn't have positive result. Seem like this a problem of all QML programs for harmattan.

Vlad.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Vlad,

I have noticed a vast improvement in startup speed in case this helps. I would say it takes half of the time that it used to. I noticed the color option in the standby screen only covers the font for station name. I requested some time ago to also have the option for changing color of numerics for the temperature as well. Can this be done or was this just a filler until the next version? Also, when I try to use the setting to change the font color it does not work. As promised, I have donated and will continue to do so. Thank you

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
I've worked full week for optimisation start of program. And I didn't have positive result. Seem like this a problem of all QML programs for harmattan.

Vlad.
No worries, you do what you can do, I know your time & resources are limited.
It certainly seems faster than many other programs, just not as fast as some.
The bigger concern for me personally, is the other issues I've pointed out previously.
Tis still an excellent program overall, few come even close in it's category...

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-21 at 21:44. Reason: typo

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
One bug:
when you are off with wi-fi or internet mobile and if you tick update it is showing progress bar for update (quicker then if it's really updating though) but it really does nothing. It would be cool, that app would open your "internet options" where you can choose from diffrent wi-fi and mobile internet, just like it does for browser when you are not connected.

Originally Posted by NDarius View Post
Using latest version here, updated today and here are my point outs:
it would be awsome if user could change day forecasts and location forecasts with swiping gestures, instead of arrow icon pushing.
Additionally for saved locations, maybe a button option of fetch my current location weather instead of adding it from menu.

gps location fetching now fails and makes the program to close and results no gps location. Previous version it worked but was way off reality.
I confirm a bug with gps location.

I can't add swipe function to my program .
Vlad.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Almost all the issues I reported way back in the thread still exist, sadly...
And the app load time is still quite slow, but at least the splash screen gives somewhat of an illusion that it's loading faster.*
The only criticism of the splash screen, is that it doesn't behave like other splash screens for stock/native apps.

*as transition effects usually do
Personally I love the Meecast splash screen, it's innovative and cool. I want it to stay.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

^I don't want it to go*, but as others have mentioned perhaps just make it a little more "standardised".

*I asked for a transition effect in the 1st place, to let users know the app's coming & make the launch appear more seamless.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-21 at 20:54.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
^I don't want it to go*, but as others have mentioned perhaps just make it a little more "standardised".

*I asked for a transition effect in the 1st place, to let users know the app's coming & make the launch appear more seamless.
As I said it's unique, I wish the other apps used their splash screen like meecast did.

Personally I hate the random black backgrounds.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Cool, I prefer UX consistency but each to his own.

Tags
forecast, meecast, omweather, weather