Posts: 54 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Catalonia
I bought it Friday morning. Yesterday they sent me back my money because they don't have stock. It is soooooo disturbing!! I want it now! I want it now!

I WANT IT NOW!

I don't understand how Star Wars fans could wait for so long for their first chapters to be writen. I've been waiting for my N810 for a couple of monthes and I can't stand it anymore.

Mine just arrived (uk). Took three days on std del. It's charging now while I constantly stroke it :-)

Update: 1.5hrs to charge. 3mins for GPS lock! I am near London and simply put it on the window sill in the kitchen. The house is facing east and has extensions to either side so not much sky visible. Still, within three mins it had located 4 sats and was showing my location (few mins later it saw 7 sats). I have now moved it a few feet to the table, status shows "up to date", 7 sats in view, none in use. Not sure about altitude show 2m, if this is above sea level then I am pretty certain we are higher than that (at least I hope so!)

Last edited by muki; 2008-01-09 at 15:32.

I guess those of us in the US can take comfort in the fact that Sprint's XOHM booth at CES couldn't get a N810 either, as shown in the linked image courtesy of Engadget.com.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Minneapolis, MN USA
All,

I spoke to a N810 Product manager at CES. Guys name is Jussi-Pekka, and was the UI designer for the first version of the OS. He was 'shocked' that all of the devices had not gone out, and wanted to call a colleague in Europe to understand why. Due to it being past midnight CET at the time, he promised to call in the AM tomorrow and report back to me. I'll update when I hear. Also heard some interesting news about the WiMax version, look for that (in partnership with Sprint) maybe in June.

Clay

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by ceeceebee View Post
All,

I spoke to a N810 Product manager at CES. Guys name is Jussi-Pekka, and was the UI designer for the first version of the OS. He was 'shocked' that all of the devices had not gone out, and wanted to call a colleague in Europe to understand why. Due to it being past midnight CET at the time, he promised to call in the AM tomorrow and report back to me. I'll update when I hear. Also heard some interesting news about the WiMax version, look for that (in partnership with Sprint) maybe in June.

Clay
I've asked my boss to stop by and ask, as well, and I know Reggie is headed that direction tomorrow, with the same question. Perhaps if enough of us ask....

Originally Posted by muki View Post
It's charging now while I constantly stroke it :-)

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Seriously, is it next week yet, I am dieing over here!!!

The deadline for using the codes has been extended to June.

yeah something tells me that this can potentially be bad news

Also heard some interesting news about the WiMax version, look for that (in partnership with Sprint) maybe in June.
We have decided to extend validity period of N810 maemo device program, new expiration date is 30.06.2008.
Just thought I'd point that out...