Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Atari was better than Amiga ....

Anyway, this thread is pointless
For once, we agree on both points. (Although, I own both--and still do.) Frankly, there's very little else left to really talk about on a daily basis on talk.maemo.org that's relevant to the end users that joined here over the years. All that Nokia's basically leaving us with is with a deprecated OS we can't upgrade, on aging hardware that we can't upgrade, and a brand name to watch sinking in the stock market as it makes all the most stupid, wrong decisions)

Welcome to talk.maemo.org, new people! ...If there's such a thing anymore.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
There is marketing and there is effective marketing. No amount of marketing budget has boosted WP7's share.
It's Windows Vista all over again! ...And Microsoft Kin all over again! ...And Microsoft Zune all over again! ...And so on and so on. What? Just saying--they've dumped money into stuff like this before and failed miserably. Man--I remember how HARD they pushed that Zune. Remember when MS forbid Apple products on campus and Balmer even forbid his family from owning Apple-anything? Didn't that work out AWESOME for them? I'll bet they're still totally rockin' Microsoft Bob somewhere in that home!

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2012-07-24 at 09:33.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
wait until Mircrosoft gets their desktop OS into the mobile market. That could kick you all from your high horses Starting with Surface Pro. Let's hope nokia could come up with somthing simular and ride on the wave.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-07-24 at 10:29.

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
I don't even know why I bother with you. Maybe it's because you're a persistent troll and I fear somebody may actually believe your BS.
If you started arguing facts with objective reasoning, instead of personal attacks you would feel better? maybe?

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Atari was better than Amiga ....
[OFF-TOPIC]Absolutely not.[/OFF-TOPIC]

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
30% where? Izmadeupkhstan?
Nope. WP marketshare in Izmadeupkhstan is way, way lower. After all, the N9 was released there.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
wait until Mircrosoft gets their desktop OS into the mobile market. That could kick you all from your high horses Starting with Surface Pro. Let's hope nokia could come up with somthing simular and ride on the wave.
High horses LOL They feel "invincible" now, but ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjEcj...eature=related

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Nokia are buying Scaldo personnel and technology - http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_comple...-news-4558.php

Rumours of a WP8 Lumia with Pureview are growing. I won't be buying one regardless, but I could see it doing alright on the market.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
If you started arguing facts with objective reasoning, instead of personal attacks you would feel better? maybe?
So my objective reasoning for why your numbers have no bearing on the discussion was not enough, or did you not understand it?

I will feel much better if you would stop constantly posting wrong information and playing the victim when people dispute your claims. Either discuss something properly or refrain from doing so at all.

There is only so much patience one can show, from then on they will mostly ignore you if you act the bigot and constantly play the victim card in a discussion. I've passed that stage already, so don't feel offended by it.

So my objective reasoning for why your numbers have no bearing on the discussion was not enough, or did you not understand it?

I will feel much better if you would stop constantly posting wrong information and playing the victim when people dispute your claims. Either discuss something properly or refrain from doing so at all.

There is only so much patience one can show, from then on they will mostly ignore you if you act the bigot and constantly play the victim card in a discussion. I've passed that stage already, so don't feel offended by it.
Well, then dispute my numbers, offer some better numbers, anything. You got nothing so far. Nada, zero. Stop playing smartass, start reasoning.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
The Surface Pro will probably not sell that well, Surface may sell a few million. The Surface Pro may have strong initial sales but sales will decline more rapidly than the ARM version. I doubt MS will release split sales, if any figures at all, so not that it matters. Definitely doesn't matter much to Nokia anyway.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
Well, then dispute my numbers, offer some better numbers, anything. You got nothing so far. Nada, zero. Stop playing smartass, start reasoning.
I don't need to nor do I care to dispute your numbers because it was you disputing somebody's use of statcounter with an irrelevant non-cumulative sales number. That non-cumulative number cannot be used to disprove statcounter because they are showing different things. Not only that but it was also from one carrier over 1 month yet you still had the audacity to dispute reliability of the sample on somebody else's data. I merely pointed out your very bad error in using irrelevant numbers, i.e. I already disputed it but I'm not saying the numbers are wrong, only that they are irrelevant to what you were disputing.

Now welcome to my ignore list. Feel a sense of pride for being the first person on it.

Last edited by Cue; 2012-07-24 at 12:06.

The Surface Pro will probably not sell that well, Surface may sell a few million. The Surface Pro may have strong initial sales but sales will decline more rapidly than the ARM version. I doubt MS will release split sales, if any figures at all, so not that it matters. Definitely doesn't matter much to Nokia anyway.

I don't need to nor do I care to dispute your numbers because it was you disputing somebody's use of statcounter with an irrelevant non-cumulative sales number. That non-cumulative number cannot be used to disprove statcounter because they are showing different things. Not only that but it was also from one carrier over 1 month yet you still had the audacity to dispute reliability of the sample on somebody else's data. I merely pointed out your very bad error in using irrelevant numbers, i.e. I already disputed it but I'm not saying the numbers are wrong, only that they are irrelevant to what you were disputing.

Now welcome to my ignore list. Feel a sense of pride for being the first person on it.
This is no magic. In Finland people get a new phone every 18 months. Each month 1/18 of the population buys a phone, roughly 5%. The lumia has been out for 4 -5 months. This means 20-25% has purchased a new phone while the lumia has been around. Now, 1/3 of that is around 8%, which is what statcounter shows. 1/3 of all the new phones is of course roughly 30%.

It all adds up, but you are either too stupid to see it, or too lazy too found out by yourself. The same goes fir Volt. IMO you are simple clouded by , I don't know what exactly. Too bad you put me on ignore, you won't know the truth

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen