Do this

Open terminal and type in this

Code:
devel-su
rootme
apt-get install nano
cd /opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp\
nano /opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp\filename.py
When the file is opening in nano, use the arrows above the keyboard to scroll down and then make your changes.

To save changes press Ctrl X then press y and enter

The change you need to make is change the

Code:
Symbian-2.6.61-443
to this

Code:
Symbian-2.6.99
Hope this helps!
Yes, I know there is "Thank" button, but I want to thank you with all words. You helped very much, I'm very pleased.

Originally Posted by Dazsa View Post
borrow an iphone (same sim card size) or buy an sim card adapter =)
Thanks, I though about that, but my micro sim isn't actually a micro sim, but a regular sim that I cut down following some instructions I found on google to convert a normal sim card to a micro sim.

Anyaway, I managed to insert my converted micro sim into the N8 sim card socket, and it worked , but now I have a bigger problem :s...

tjanks though.

cheers

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
You guys with the fail: too many error.

Have you tried correcting the UserAgent string to the latest symbian version which was a fair few pages back in this thread?

Could be that WhatsApp, are blocking requests from through olfactory version string as thats what Wazapp uses.
Hey, I did try that... I changed that string to the latest version available to Symbian... But still get the same error... But my case might be singular cause as i mentioned before this only started happening to me since I used whatsapp on nitroid, and I think the whatsapp servers registered my IMEI attatched to android OS, so now when the same number and IMEI try to register from a different OS client, it probably causes that error.

Edit: Oops!!! Sorry, apparently I didn't change all necessary files, only ui.py... And I changed it to 2.6.97-38***( donr renember the othe numbers) which is the latest version for nokia belle at leadt that what shows on my N8. I'm going to try changing all 3 fikes and then try and register again to see what happens although I doubt it will work cause I've inserted my micro sim in my N8 and registration failed there... So currently my whatsapp only works on nitroid :s... Sigh...
BTW, I used txpad 0.2 to edit ui.py. Just wanted to let everyone know that it works. Just copy the files you want to wdit to mydocs temp folder and maybe keep a backup, then edit the files and copy them over the original ones in terminal with the cp command and path to tje files. (seems a lot simpler with nano... But I dont have it).

cheers

Last edited by lmiked; 2012-07-25 at 14:01.

Hey all,
i recently installed the dev version of Wazapp and found out, that when ever connecting to Facebook, Skype or GTalk over the
built in messenger it crashes wazapp.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Besides this issue, the dev version seems to be more stable than current official one...

Greetings

Hej,

is it possible to see/load older messages in the conversation history, which no longer appear ??

Last edited by HerthanerDD; 2012-07-25 at 18:34.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Originally Posted by lmiked View Post
Hey, I did try that... I changed that string to the latest version available to Symbian... But still get the same error...
Me too,

I changed the Agent to Symbian 2.6.99 but still can't register my number. Get the error saying fail-too-many

Could it be that I switched from a Andoid phone 2 days ago?

medri

is Symbian 2.6.99 right? I successfully downloaded the updated file from the repetitive whatsapp server messages to my N9 and it shows 2.6.97 (obviously I can not run it). I guess we will all have to change to newest version in case uninstalling is needed not to be blocked for being recognized as an unofficial version. It would be helpful if Tarek Galal gives any insights to this topic

The Following User Says Thank You to Dazsa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
anybody has 0.1.8 version ? Maybe reinstall that version gonna help, :/

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Nidderau,Hessen , Germany
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
If your wazapp is running fine, this tweak will stop them irritating server messages.

You must edit all 3 of the files, thats why I posted that in a quote as well as the ui.py one.

The initial one just shows you what you should look for in order to change the version in all 3 files

In order to edit them, I would suggest using SSH via a computer and accessing the /opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/ directory, then just open up the 3 files with a text editor like WordPad or a built in text editor on your SSH client.

Previously I would suggest using 'nano' and terminal but it seems that the server is down and won't let me install nano on my N9
would it also work if i copied, changed & replaced the files using the USB connection ? that would make things a lot simpler =P

Originally Posted by adio_89 View Post
would it also work if i copied, changed & replaced the files using the USB connection ? that would make things a lot simpler =P
Not really as that requires copying files over and then putting them onto a pc and then changing them and then copying them back, and making sure permissions are the same ect.

My nano method allows editing and saving on the device in one step, and SSH is just as simple but using a PC to view and edit the file.

No copying or permission errors to worry about

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp