Notices

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
To summarise, if one has KP51 and later then he has the drivers included. if one has KP-custom then he has to provide them himself and use the "skipKernelCheck" option.
But, if someone have custom kernel, it isn't problem to set that it "Provide" "kernel-feature-packet-injection", yep? I think it's most clean way, to depend on it.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
and who is that one who have a custom kernel and dont know what is going on in TMO ? ,
maybe adding seome info about the packet injection at cleven start-up would help or in "About" menu ,
as Mr.Saturn seems he want the freedom of choice so not adding Kp51 packets as a dep to force the user to use it

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

That is what "kernel-feature-packet-injection" is for - it doesn't enforce any type of kernel, it just ensure, that installed kernel provide packet injection.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
I don't use Pali's script (it is really well written but to use it I will need to change a lot). How did you try to run it?

From reading the code you need to pass an option for the action you would like to execute. e.g.

to run:
#./packet-injection.sh load
#./packet-injection.sh enable

to restore:
#./packet-injection.sh unload

But if this is too complicated you can just use what you had before just point to the new location.

Let me know if I didn't understand the question.
@Saturn,

Thanks, that clears things up for me, his script needs the extra input on the command line. What clever little coders we have here .

I`m not sure whether this info is needed, as we have this wiki guide

http://wiki.maemo.org/Cleven

but still...

Short noobie guide of how to quickly break a WEP protected network.

First of all - go to Cleven and press "Configure WLAN Drivers" you should see a pop-up window where you need to press "Load Injection Drivers", then "Enable Monitor Mode" and then press "Random" near your MAC adress to change it and press "Set" to confirm.

If the buttons are red as they are on the picture then we are good to continue.

If not and a Warning board pops up then it means you have some dependency or kernel problem (please refer to the first post or wiki page above to solve it).

So now it comes to scanning the available networks. Return to the main menu of the application and press the second button "Scan, Capture and Test".

In this menu press "SCAN" in the right corner and then wait for it to finish (approx. 5-15 secs), Then choose a desired type of network - WEP or WPA.

In this example we are going with WEP as this is the easiest type of security. I won`t go into details about the difference between WEP and WPA, you may google it for yourself. The only thing you should know is that with WPA you`ll have to bruteforce the pass and with WEP you can just decrypt the captured data to get the key.

So, press "Capture" at the bottom (my pic may be a bit misleading, it`s due to the fact that I`ve already pressed the button). Once you press it, a new window should open in X-term. Keep an eye on the "#Data" column.

First row is the BSSID of the network you are catching data from. And rows below are stations that are connected to this net. You should have at least one connected station that is using this net in order to capture their shared data (which will be later used for decryption). So the "#Data" column - is the number of data you cumulatively got from all stations. You will need more than 50000 of it for a 100% break, but this number may be lower and depends on the difficulty of the key.

When you`ve got more than 50000 simply close the window and return to the main menu of cleven, then press "Decrypt Packets".

Choose the net you`ve collected the data from and press "Decrypt". Decrypting process starts automatic and you just have to wait for some more time letting it do it`s job. Once it completes, return to main menu and press "Decrypted Keys" and then your network.

Please note that if you didn`t have enough data it may return with error or even simply close the window in way it does with successful decrypt. So if you don`t find your key in this menu it seems the number of data you`d collected was not enough.

If you had done everything correctly and you had no problems finding active stations - you are probably having a working key at this stage. Also note, that the key displayed is encrypted in HEX but still works if you input it in the password field.

If there are any questions, I would be glad to help or correct the description.

My short guide refers only to WEP protected networks as I only had success with them and I consider WPA nets hard to break.

The use of the WEP protected network chosen in this test was allowed by it`s owner and is done in research approach.
Attached Images

Last edited by the_envy; 2012-08-16 at 20:15.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to the_envy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Release of cleven 4.1-1 in extras-devel

This version (should be available in few minutes) expects (but do not enforce) KP51.
In short, provides proper support for reaver and wash through the release of pali.
All previous workarounds that required to compile and copy the binaries is not needed any more.

To casual users: Please allow people with more experience to test it first before you upgrade. I have not tested it with all possible combinations and the major changes might break your system. Recommended is to use the version in stable repository or if you feel adventurous the testing repository.

Changes:
  • NEW: Added dependency to the newly distributed reaver package.
  • CHANGE: Removed earlier workaround code to copy and configure reaver binaries.
  • CHANGE: Modified the postintall and postremove scripts to remove workarounds in the setup.
  • CHANGE: Modified calls to execute reaver and wash binaries.
  • NEW: Added Pali in the credits. Thanks.

INSTRUCTIONS:

• To override the autodiscovery of the drivers location and use the default, create an empty file in /home/user/.cleven/skipKernelCheck
    Code:
    touch /home/user/.cleven/skipKernelCheck
  • To skip the kernel check in the startup, create an empty file in /home/user/.cleven/skipVersionCheck
    Code:
    touch /home/user/.cleven/skipVersionCheck
WARNING: This version will work only with Kernel-Power version 51 and above.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Cleven has been working good for me, but I've had a few issues. Lately, I have problems with WEP. When I start packet playback, I get unauthorized. When I stop playback, it can authorize again. Makes cracking time consuming and/or requires me to keep opening and closing the packet window. Also, sometimes in a list of available access points, if I select one to attack, it actually selects another. The common theme, I'm guessing, is Cleven is sometimes mixing up MAC addresses. Is this a known issue?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by RChadwick View Post
Cleven has been working good for me, but I've had a few issues. Lately, I have problems with WEP. When I start packet playback, I get unauthorized. When I stop playback, it can authorize again. Makes cracking time consuming and/or requires me to keep opening and closing the packet window. Also, sometimes in a list of available access points, if I select one to attack, it actually selects another. The common theme, I'm guessing, is Cleven is sometimes mixing up MAC addresses. Is this a known issue?
I have noticed there is an issue with selecting an AP that its name has accented letters. e.g. like ΄ or ¨ that some languages have (Scandinavian, French, Greek etc.)
Can it be this case?

If you look in the small info box (that shows the Name, MAC, Channel, etc.) if the name and MAC is from the one you want to select. If it is shown there, then you can be sure it will be those parameters that will be used.

Originally Posted by the_envy View Post

http://wiki.maemo.org/Cleven
@the_envy: there are plenty to download files for dependencies and dont have much idea on it... can you make a link for what to download for one last favor...

P.S. i am glad that you help a noobie. Thank You, the_envy

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Working good with me...thank youuuu!!

Tags
aircrack, cleven, reaver