Active Topics

Can I make it any more plain or obvious!!

Nokia, team Maemo, and who every else, seriously... HOW THE #(#($*# do I use this code in the USA!!!

I'm not waiting till June to use it. By then the WiMax version of the device could be out and I'll be able to pick up an N810 on Woot.com for 130$
At the vary least by June I'll be able to pick it up for $250 at Fry's or something.

The discounts were to spawn support and good will to the developer community... Well that sure failed.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I don't think they postponed the discount validity to June just because the availability of the tablet will be June!
They postponed it just to be sure everyone will have a sure chance to use it.

I am not a Nokia employee (unfortunately), but I am sure you just have to wait until the letstalk.com shop ( that is NOT Nokia, AFAIK ) will get it in stock.
How much that can be ?
Days, few weeks.. not months!

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Yes, I've been getting pep-talks for the past 2 months, then Quim gave us that ray of sunshine back on Dec 15 that "next week" all the codes would be activated and they weren't.

It's not that Letstalk.com doesn't have the N810 available, it that the codes do not work at Letstalk.com, and when the Email about where to go to place the orders all of the Europe countries and Canada were mentioned, but the USA store was not listed, nor was there any reference to what those of us that registered for the USA store were to do.

All I want is to know where I am to go to place the order, and that when I go there that the code works. If I had to wait a week, or 2 while it was on back order so be it. However now it will be over a month before Letstalk.com has them (according to their site).
I might be more willing to wait till Feb 19th, if Nokia, team Maemo, or Quim would tell us what is going on, what happened.... oh and a "we're sorry" might be in order as well.

There is no reason to extend the validity of the codes, once the stores took the codes everyone that could ordered. Extending the date only pokes pins into those of us that still have no idea what the heck we are to do. COMMUNICATION FOLKS!!! It does wonders.

Update.... Letstalk.com has N810 instock for the US shop.
And the discount code does not work.

Seriously, Nokia, Team Maemo, and whoever else, Fix this now!!!!!!

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Oregon
Buy.com had the N810 at $399us today. Is the discount worth the wait?

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
sorry to be a jerk, but is there a specific reason that your opinion is too good for the other thread? The one that everyone else has been chatting on? Why on earth did you feel the need to start ANOTHER thread about this?

I'm just as annoyed as everyone else, but there's no reason for every upset person to start their own thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcadden For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by grannygeek View Post
Doesn't the discount drop the price to about $150 ?

I'd wait, if it meant saving $250.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by grannygeek View Post
Remember, we're talking about the developer discount, not one that will be open to the public.

sorry to be a jerk, but is there a specific reason that your opinion is too good for the other thread? The one that everyone else has been chatting on? Why on earth did you feel the need to start ANOTHER thread about this?
rcadden, Oh no I was not trying to say this opinion was too good. Just trying to make sure Nokia could see the issue. My fear was that the other threads title may not announce the concerns and issues that were within, and that Nokia might be overlooking the thread.
Trying to remove Nokia (or whomevers) excuse of "well we didn't see that thread... was there a problem?".

Sorry if I offended anyone.
-Shawn.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sfitz View Post
rcadden, Oh no I was not trying to say this opinion was too good. Just trying to make sure Nokia could see the issue. My fear was that the other threads title may not announce the concerns and issues that were within, and that Nokia might be overlooking the thread.
Trying to remove Nokia (or whomevers) excuse of "well we didn't see that thread... was there a problem?".

Sorry if I offended anyone.
-Shawn.
I'm not a developer but seeing something like this is kind of frustrating, please let Nokia know by any mean, i.e engadget (only one I can think of right now) to have an article about this matter.