Active Topics

Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Mitrigol View Post
you shouldn't need to use this process while using winXP, if i remember well, it should detect automagically your n900 and sou should be able to flash it without extra manipulation

EDIT: Oh, unless your XP is 64 bits too
Its a 32bit XP, so you mean that I need lib usb only under windows 7?

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
under winXP, shut down the n900
open the keyboard
press the u button while connecting the USB cable from the computer

You phone should be detec^ted properly.

You can then start using the flasher

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrigol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
In some it articles it is said that because of the different architecture of the OS, the USB handling is different and doesnt provide needed functions to Flasher.
"architecture of the OS" = it means 32-bit OS or 64-bit OS. Instructions are covered in the WIki article provided in my post earlier (particularly for Windows 7). The articles you have read are not necessarily wrong, it's just that they may have forgotten (or didn't know) that there is a workaround for users of a 64-bit OS architecture (by installing a package called libusb).

My N900 is currently running 1.3.1, so I will have to flash it with PR 1.3 and then again update to 1.3.1?
Or can I upgrade to CSSU with the option to format or something?

Sorry If I am talking bullsh*t, but I am completely new to the phone and I still dont know what Im doing. Its just linux that made me want that phone.
1. Flash to PR1.3.
2. Turn on wi-fi so that your N900 will get the security update (1.3.1).
3. From here it is up to you if you want to do a lot of cool stuff (install CSSU, install NITDroid, some cool apps, etc.).

I found a PC with WinXP but now a problem occured when I press "install Now" in libusb it says "Unable to run process with required administrative privileges" and I am the user account has Administrator rights. Any Ideas?
Its a 32bit XP, so you mean that I need lib usb only under windows 7?
Yes, for Windows 7 64-bit only. Take reference from your previous post ("architecture of the OS" = 32-bit or 64-bit). In short, you don't need to install libusb if your Windows XP or 7 is 32-bit. The "libusb" is needed if you are running 64-bit OS architecture.

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
I re-flashed my N900 two times today the first under XP-32b and the second time under my 7-64b. Now I am completely familiar with the process. Of course under 7 i had a problem - flashing eMMC used to stuck at 20% but I managed to fix it. Thanks to everyone that replied in this thread!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post: