I've now reflashed and reverted back to the 4-1 version and all seems to be working.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mongrol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Australia
Same here, 4-1 works whereas 4-2 fails to boot any kernel including the u-boot's attached kernel...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tullamulla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
I have 4-2 and attached kernel (PKv51) boots with no problems

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fabry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Mumai,India
Even I am having problems booting with 4-2.I tried everythhing,but seems to remain that way.Have to reflash it then....

Hello, I am also having problems with the U-boot. Installed the two packages from the first post and after that I installed the Linux kernel for power user (boot image for multiboot) package.

After this the bootmenu appears, but although I can see the Internal Nand and Maemo 5 with kernel-power ... options no one will boot. Tho boot starts, but hangs with the Starting kernel ... message. After some time the phones tunrs off.

I also can not access the backupmenu to flash my backup - I made before - on the device (N900). I also tried to start Nemo from the SD card, the boot starts, goes after the Starting kernel message but hangs afterward with kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.

So is there anything I can try ? At least to get to the backupmenu.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Italy
Re-flash phone -> install Backupmenu -> recover your backup.

P.S.
I'm always reading this thread, because I'm also interested in having U-Boot + Backupmenu + NITDroid, but I'm reading about these problems with the new version of U-Boot...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Wolf For This Useful Post:
@karlitos
re-flash the kernel (flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R) this replaces the u-boot with Nokia stock kernel..

Hmm ... is there any other way how could I at least access the filesystem ? I am not sure if backupmenu stores all files I have on my phone. I was still counting with the possibility to access the filesystem over the cable with backupmenu.

@karlitos
re-flash the kernel (flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R) this replaces the u-boot with Nokia stock kernel..
Ou! great, and than ? How can I go back to the powerkernel ? But at least it would allow me to access the filesystem right ?

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Italy
As far as I know, Backup-menu doens't make a backup of mydocuments folder.
Can't you connect it in mass storage mode?

Originally Posted by karlitos View Post
Ou! great, and than ? How can I go back to the powerkernel ? But at least it would allow me to access the filesystem right ?
You can (re)install the power kernel from H.A.M.

As long as you don't do a complete flash (just the kernel) you won't loose a thing except for the non working u-boot, just uninstall u-boot from ham and it should be all good..

Last edited by tullamulla; 2012-08-16 at 13:36. Reason: fix quote

Tags
bootmenu, u-boot