Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
I Found another way to register for new users without having nitdroid installed

Things You need
  • A mobile device that support "Official whatsapp" and can connect to a wireless network (IPOD RECOMMENDED)
  • N900

Files to download

Now to the steps

1-Download the Official whatsapp on the mobile device after getting the sim card out of it and putting it into the n900

2-Complete the registration procedures until the send code step then dont enter the code

3-Now back to the n900 open whataspp by peterbjornx and go for the registration procedures using send SMS dont forget to enter the correct IMIE number of your n900

4-Now you get the error "UNKNOWN ERROR"

5-Its hacking time now ; edit this file
/home/user/.java/.userPrefs/org/peterbjornx/whatsapp/prefs.xml

to match the following
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE map SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/preferences.dtd">
<map MAP_XML_VERSION="1.0">
<entry key="CC" value="Area code goes here"/>
<entry key="CONTACTS" value="-"/>
<entry key="IMEI" value="35*************"/>
<entry key="LOGIN" value="areacode + phone number"/>
<entry key="PHONENR" value="Your Phone number"/>
<entry key="REGSTEP" value="1"/>
</map>

6-Now restart whatsapp java port by peterbjornx

7-Enter the code whatsapp sent to you earlier

8-Now you have your phone number registered with your real IMIE

9-install yappari (i think we need the 1st version of yappari)

10- TADAA now whatsapp is working without nitdroid installed Now update to the latest yappari and enjoy .

Scorpius please send me a private message that contain any version on YAPPARI before 0.0.8 which dosent have registration
because i need it for another N900.
thanks in advance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davdav For This Useful Post:
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
*phew*
at last
I finally managed to succesfully register Yappari. It was 1 week of going through hell. I had problems formatting the sdcard to ext3, installing nitdroid(because of the missing nitroid.manifest, then I had problems with the latest manifest - the kernel it wanted to DLoad had different md5 checksum than the specified in that manifest), then problems booting which lead to reflashing(the problem was kernel-power , because installing nitdroid replaces the kernel, with multiboot one), then it was hours and hours of waiting for that bugged android - its soooo slow and throws non responding app errors every minute, and last but not least - that android port downloads with the mind-blowing 5KB/s and it failed 3 times ( one of them at 94% ) so i had arround 5 hours of waiting WhatsApp to download. Im thinking of writin a guide for the users who will install Yappari that way. Lets hope we will be able to register with another MUCH easier method.

@Scorpius pm me if you need a tester/helper or some kind of feedback.Thank you for that app!

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
@davdav: All Yappari versions are in the first post, but for your method the latest version works. You don't need to install first version and then upgrade.

Once you have registered Yappari will VERIFY your registration, and that's not the same than registering. So it's 100% safe you do that with 0.0.18.

Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Is it only me or yappari doesnt save settings? Every start of the program I have to enter my phone number and set my status, because it reverts it back to "I am using Yappari!"

The Following User Says Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Really nice, it works for me. I did what davdav told and install the version 0.03 and then upgraded to 0.18. and it works really well done I hope some extra upgrades will be developed

Originally Posted by tanago View Post
Is it only me or yappari doesnt save settings? Every start of the program I have to enter my phone number and set my status, because it reverts it back to "I am using Yappari!"
Looks like you ran Yappari from root once, and now you execute it as user and it can't update the settings file.

@Scorpius: Hey man, will you continue developing Yappari or will you stop due to the registration problem? Btw, awesome work, you have no idea of how much this app has helped all of us. Thank you for that.

thanks by the way the last version worked but with a problem
the same problem as tanago
yappari keeps asking for a phone number every time i open it.

another problem when i write in arabic the textbox keeps scaling up and down .. and i cant see what i am writing until i put a space
thanks in advance

Originally Posted by yazu View Post
@Scorpius: Hey man, will you continue developing Yappari or will you stop due to the registration problem? Btw, awesome work, you have no idea of how much this app has helped all of us. Thank you for that.
So far Yappari's development is stopped, not because of the registration problem, but because I'm really overwhelmed at work. I hope that in a month I can resume the development.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
@Scorpius

Please tell me how to save my number .. in yappari
every time i quit the application and open it again it asks for my number again .. so i have to type it every time
May be i can edit the config flie ? ( but i dont know where it is )
thanks in advance

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp