Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Please respond to this maemo post with complaints:

http://maemo.org/news/announcements/...pplicants.html
My comment was removed. Seriously? Come on, Nokia. this is flat-out pathetic.

Edit: false alarm, suppose it needed to be 'approved' or otherwise moderated.

Last edited by rcadden; 2008-01-11 at 15:52.

rcadden,
I think you were right the first time. I just looked and I'm not seeing your post. I refreshed, and shift-refresh, and ctrl-shift-refreshed.... No new posts since the 26 of Dec.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by sfitz View Post
rcadden,
I think you were right the first time. I just looked and I'm not seeing your post. I refreshed, and shift-refresh, and ctrl-shift-refreshed.... No new posts since the 26 of Dec.
Because, as he said afterward, it needs to be approved.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
I find it hard to believe that it would be so difficult to set aside 500 units and honor those discounts. If this was a HUGE discount program, sure. I could setup an e-commerce website and be able to sell you a product within an hour, and that's spending 45 minutes making it look pretty.
Theoretically it should be easy. But his point was indicative of bureaucracy. I shall say no more.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
The n800 developer program was perfect and in minor time.
This time the excuses don't worth.
In two months they had time to arrange any problem they could had.

The Following User Says Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Theoretically it should be easy. But his point was indicative of bureaucracy. I shall say no more.
That's fine and dandy, but there's absolutely NO excuse for the complete lack of communication. The emails we get are from a noreply address, there's no contact us link on maemo.org, and there have been ZERO posts on Maemo.org or elsewhere that Nokia/Maemo has come out and said, Hey guys, we realize this is frustrating. The codes have been delayed because of this and that. We will alert you when they're available.

There's been nothing but silence, and a message from Quim that they'd be active in December (which obviously never happened) and then we get an email this morning saying they're ready to rock. Don't tell us it's ready unless you've confirmed 2x that it is.

That's why I'm upset. I don't care *WHY* they're not active, I'm pissed because of the way it's been handled and the complete lack of communication from ANYONE other than you, frankly.

Ricky, I'm not making excuses. Read between the lines. No need to rant at me... unless it makes you feel better.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Germany
For german users:

Originally Posted by Sho View Post
I got the device today, but the bill of delivery is slightly scary.
It's only the 'Lieferschein' and not the 'Rechnung'. And the 'Rabatt' is observed on the 'Lieferschein'
And you get an email with subject 'Auftrags- und Lieferbestaetigung'. There is a notice, how much Nokia charge from your credit card and this is your 'Rechnung' too:
"""Bitte drucken Sie diese E-Mail für Ihre Unterlagen aus.
Dieses Dokument ist ein gueltiger Kaufbeleg Ihrer Bestellung."""

Sad, that your N810 is broken Please inform us about the RMA process in Germany. Thank you

Ricky, I'm not making excuses. Read between the lines. No need to rant at me... unless it makes you feel better.
Heh, you know that I know that it's not your fault. I suppose maybe THAT'S why no one from Nokia/Maemo has come forward to address it. Seems to me they don't have the juevos to handle all of our flames.

Seriously, though, I'm having a hard time convincing myself that Tablet-Guru is a worthwhile investment, due to the past 60 days of Maemo activity. The OS2008 update, the repositories, and this code ordeal. I'm having a hard time telling myself that it would be a great idea for consumers to pick this device up if this is the level of support they can expect to receive.

Obviously I'll use the tablet, but as a geek, I also have ALOT more patience than most in regards to tinkering with gadgets and crashing applications and performing updates and the like. I setup Tablet-Guru with the intention to use it to help promote the Internet Tablets as a consumer product, albeit to a slightly more educated consumer. But if Nokia's going to create the IT and toss it out there and then seemingly walk away, I personally will look like an idiot to the person who read my site and thought, "Oh, yeah, this guy thinks this is awesome and shows me how to use this thing, I think I'll get one. Surely he wouldn't suggest it and invest so much time in making it seem easy if it was a crap product."

Again, I'm not railing against the tablet or the apps or anything. I'm honestly deeply concerned over the complete lack of involvement from either Nokia or Maemo.

I'm very concerned over this developer glitch too. I have some firm and serious thoughts on the subject that I just... can't... share. I only hope the situation is resolved soon, to everyone's satisfaction, and that this little episode does not taint the N810's success in the long run.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post: