Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Pretoria, South Africa
I've been using the official unofficial version from tarek until the connection bug appeared and downloaded and installed cepi's version yesterday. I uninstalled Tareks version first, then installed Cepi's. Everything seems to be running smoothly apart from using sizable chuck of ram.

All i can say is daaaammmnnnnn!!! .... this app is so slick it makes the official whatsapp app look outdated in comparison. Amazing work!

Looks like another donation is in order once the next official version is released. On that note I'm a bit conflicted on who to donate to now. Tarek seems to be doing most of the heavy lifting but I cant rule out the significant and valuable contributions of Cepi and others.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nosph3ratu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Only missing sending position option, only me?
how come? mine got it

Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me out urgently with this message I keep receiving everytime I open my Wazapp on my Nokia N9 ''Remove account from accounts manager and re-register''

How do I do this?

Help will be greatly appreciated

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Rob32R View Post
Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me out urgently with this message I keep receiving everytime I open my Wazapp on my Nokia N9 ''Remove account from accounts manager and re-register''

How do I do this?

Help will be greatly appreciated
Dude are you serious
Remove from accounts at you home screen.
Damn people they use a N9 but they don't know how the phone works

Where abouts? I'm sorry that I am not as technologically knowledgeable as you. Can you please explain?

I have pressed and held the Wazapp icon and a red x pops up. What do I do next?

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
It is the time to fix the notification that can show emoji properly
hahaha

Originally Posted by Rob32R View Post
I have pressed and held the Wazapp icon and a red x pops up. What do I do next?
Hitting the red cross after long press on the Wazapp icon deletes the applications but not your Wazapp account details - they are stored in the Harmattan accounts system.

To delete your account, go to the Accounts app -> Wazapp -> Menu -> Delete account

After this, you can relaunch Wazapp and try to get it working, but if your registration fails, please read use Bluestacks on the PC to register as WhatsApp folk keep trying to block our Wazapp!

Regards,

Nad.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Antigua W.I
Here's a suggestion guys, would be neat if you guys would look into adding the senders name above each received and sent message in the chat ui, just like the whatsapp on the android.

I've been playing around with Qt framework in C++ Cepi, maybe we can optimize some code. I ran a few game servers and I know about asynchronous socket communications, whatsapp also seems to freeze when multiple threads are initiated. Have you tried playing with the Thread.Priority Property?

How are you disposing of unused memory, in fact how are you even storing memory. I think I'm gunna sit down this weekend and give the whatsapp api a look.. This project seems interesting.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zion~ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nad View Post
Hitting the red cross after long press on the Wazapp icon deletes the applications but not your Wazapp account details - they are stored in the Harmattan accounts system.

To delete your account, go to the Accounts app -> Wazapp -> Menu -> Delete account

After this, you can relaunch Wazapp and try to get it working, but if your registration fails, please read use Bluestacks on the PC to register as WhatsApp folk keep trying to block our Wazapp!

Regards,

Nad.
Where is the accounts app? I don't see anything under that name. In the options menu in Wazapp all I see is sync contacts, invert colours, About and quit.

Could you please explain?

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp