Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
These new tabs looks indeed much cleaner but on my samsung TV, if I want to have access to an other source. I have switch to the media-panel first.

Just like these quicknavigation for teletext buttos(colored buttons) aren't found anymore in the TV panel... Some buttons are scattered around different panels
Thanks! Yes, I really do need to fine-tune the collections, and the panels themselves within the collections. Let me put that at the top of my current UI list.

Managing the input source controls is a special problem; some remotes can directly access dozens of different inputs, and even worse, some arrange the controls by function (antenna / cable / satellite / vcr / dvd / etc.) and others by port type (composite / S-video / component / HDMI / DVI / etc.). It's really tough trying to squeeze everything in...

And yeah, the color buttons definitely need to be in the TV collection! (BTW, as an American, I've never had the chance to use Teletext at all. I really only learned about it when I started this project. I had always wondered why every manufacturer started putting the same four colored buttons on their remotes, when they really didn't seem to serve much of a purpose...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by macey View Post
Grateful user of Pierogl, looking for support for this:-
http://www.i-can.tv/en/overview-2851t
I have been through a load of existing keysets with no luck.
I can't seem to find a config file for the 2851, but I've located one for the 2840. Hopefully that one will work on the 2851 as well. It appears to be using Microsoft's version of Philips' RC6 protocol, and I've got that protocol working, so I should be able to get it into the next update.

Edit: The "i-can" brand of receivers are a product of the ADB corporation, so they'll be listed under that name in Pierogi.

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-08-31 at 12:34. Reason: More info

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I just wanted to say the latest version is very good. It's a very useful, straightforward-to-operate application.

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
.... the latest version is very good. It's a very useful, straightforward-to-operate application.
Agreed.. Thanks from me also.

The Following User Says Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the kind words! I have been aiming to make Pierogi just as simple and quick to use as I can.

That said, I'm now going to make life less simple for Pierogi users. Another update is on its way up to extras-devel; this one is quite a bit more ambitious than the previous one. The major change this time is that I've added a true per-keyset editable data mechanism. Up to now, all the keyset data has been completely static; even the favorites list was implemented as a set of pointers into the keyset data, rather than modifications to the keysets themselves.

The major effect in the user interface is that favorites are now chosen directly in the Select Keyset screen. When you select a keyset now, a configuration dialog box will pop up, allowing you to edit keyset data such as whether to make it a favorite. (You'll also find that you can now give each keyset a nickname.)

On the main screen, the favorites panel has been eliminated; in its place, a new button on the left side of the menu bar now provides a pop-up menu with a list of the available favorites. (Also, just to confuse you, the icon I was using for panel collections is now being used for the favorites list; I found an icon that looked a little like a tabbed panel, so I'm using that one on the right hand side.) I'll append some pictures at the end of this post so you can see what I mean.

I've also added a new "audio" panel, including some new buttons I couldn't quite fit in before. (I'm hoping to split the existing "video media" panels into cassette and disc versions, giving me yet more screen real estate to work with...)

This was a fairly large amount of code change, so I'm quite sure that you _will_ find bugs. Please let me know, and I'll provide fixes as soon as I can.

Also in this release, I've made a first pass at keysets for ADB (I-Can), Anitech, Blaupunkt, Lifetec, Medion, Sylvania, Triax, and Viewsonic. (Still trying to work my way through the request list...)
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Great news. Thank You Sir for adding support for Triax, unfortunatly it does not work for model owned by me - but I'm sure someone will benefit from this one.

Suberb idea with possibility to adding to favorites (with optional nick name) during selection. But (it might be just me strugling) would be nice to have option to delete added device from it, other then editing .conf file. The reason for that in my opinion is, when You adding device control panel that You know You will be using very often, You want it to go straight to favorites (and after last update we all can do so). But when You see that the one You choosen is not working for You (my case), You don't need it any more. Much quickier to remove from UI level, but again only my opinion.

Great work again Sir. All the best.

The Following User Says Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
Great news. Thank You Sir for adding support for Triax, unfortunatly it does not work for model owned by me - but I'm sure someone will benefit from this one.
Drat! Hmm. There isn't too much more Triax data out there. Poking around, I've found a youtube video that talks a bit about remote control compatibility between versions of the Triax receivers... But that probably isn't much help.

But (it might be just me strugling) would be nice to have option to delete added device from it, other then editing .conf file.
No, I'm sure it isn't just you. I've spent the last few days working on the guts of the new (and rather large) data management scheme, and have spent very little time thinking about usability issues. I'll try to add more convenient controls in the next update. Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Copernicus, You are a Legend :-D

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Thanks for the update.
Like the new nickname thing.

Am I being stupid or is it not possible to delete or manage favourite keysets any more?
Tried looking in all the menus and holding the favourite keyset for extra options couldn't find it.

Also just so you know it seems with my font (Ubuntu) the Input tab on the Universal Panel options gets cut off, due to the new Manage Keysets icon.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Thanks for the update.
Like the new nickname thing.

Am I being stupid or is it not possible to delete or manage favourite keysets any more?
Tried looking in all the menus and holding the favourite keyset for extra options couldn't find it.
I kinda figured I would be making things hard for everybody with this design. With this system, favorites are now a direct attribute of each keyset; so, when you edit a keyset in the Select Keyset by Name window, you get a popup containing an "add keyset to favorites list" checkbox. If that checkbox is checked, the keyset is a favorite; if not, it is not.

But yeah, it isn't nearly as easy a way to manage favorites as the favorites panel was (clunky as that system had been). I'll try to get a quicker & easier system implemented soon...

Also just so you know it seems with my font (Ubuntu) the Input tab on the Universal Panel options gets cut off, due to the new Manage Keysets icon.
I was afraid that I was pushing things a bit with all the new clutter on the tabs bar. I'll try to leave a bit more space up there in the next update. Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control