Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
This is going well.

I noticed that if I asked "Search for food", Saera replies "Let me search for food", the GPS starts up, Modrana starts, then "Online POI search is in progress" ... But if you do not have a network connection already, the Online POI search never ends. Perhaps a check to see if a network connection is made, & the "Select network connection" menu if none is active?
I think this is a bug that needs to be fixed in Modrana rather than Saera. I'll PM MartinK about it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Hi

I want to install Seara
but i have some doubts about to install the packages
what commands I need to use

Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I would be happy to, if someone is willing to translate things into Russian!
How to introduce Russian? For this purpose it is necessary to learn Pocketsphinx to Russian? There is a big desire to add Russian.

Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
Hi

I want to install Seara
but i have some doubts about to install the packages
what commands I need to use
I think you should be able to just install it from the package manager, assuming you have extras-devel enabled. It should install all dependencies for you.

Originally Posted by Tiran View Post
How to introduce Russian? For this purpose it is necessary to learn Pocketsphinx to Russian? There is a big desire to add Russian.
You don't need to learn Russian; I'd just need the sentences_english.py file translated (take a look at sentences_spanish.py and sentences_portuguese.py to see what needs translated). That will let Saera answer you in Russian, but you'll still have to speak to her in English. As for Saera understanding other languages, that will require me to learn how the lmtool works and integrate that into Saera - which I am having a bit of trouble finding good documentation of, but I will do as soon as possible.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
BIG NEW FEATURE: Saera 0.1-3 (just uploaded to extras-devel) can read you emails when they come in!
Note that Saera will only read you emails that come in while she is running, but I will soon add the ability to ask Saera to read non-new emails to you as well.

--PRIVACY STATEMENT--
It should be fairly obvious if you read the code that Saera only reads emails and does not upload them or do anything nefarious like that. However, if you don't want this code doing even that, don't upgrade yet, because I haven't yet added an "off" switch for this feature.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Should add new sms as well.. Look up my posting history.. Pretty easy.

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bingomion View Post
Should add new sms as well.. Look up my posting history.. Pretty easy.
Thanks! I looked at your posts and now have this pretty much working, but there are a few bugs left and it's late, so I'll upload that tomorrow evening.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I think you should be able to just install it from the package manager, assuming you have extras-devel enabled. It should install all dependencies for you.
Sorry to insist, but Saera's dependencies are consuming a really big amount of rootfs.

Could you optify the dependencies? There is no need for you to be the maintainer, just upload the new versions to Devel and update Saera dependencies to force the update.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Hi ! I've released an update for modRana (V0.34.5), that should fix the issues with "food search" triggered from Saera. ModRana now autoconnects if the device is offline and waits for both GPS fix & Internet connectivity be properly established before starting the search. There is now also proper visual feedback during the whole process.

Regarding the crash with active USB mass storage, I've not been able to reproduce it. ModRana just complains it can't store map tiles but still properly downloads them from the Internet & displays them.

On a related note, I found a few commands a libraries that might be useful for Saera:

Autconnect to the Internet
Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.connect string:"[ANY]" uint32:0
Disconnect from the Internet
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.icd2 /com/nokia/icd2 com.nokia.icd2.disconnect_req uint32:0x8000
There are more examples on the phone control wiki page, but I'm sure Taixzo knows it.

Libconic & python-connic
there is a bunch of examples, such as:
  • tracking the connectivity state with callbacks
  • listing Wireless APs, connecting to them
  • proxies
  • connection statistics

MCE DBUS interface
This is the MCE DBUS interface documentation.
It can be used to:
  • display state tracking (on, off, dimmed,...), turning display on/off
  • preventing display blanking
  • lock control
  • LED control
  • vibration control
  • device orientation tracking

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text