Active Topics

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
Hey guys why don't you create a package for this?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cantruchd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@cantruchd,

What part of the first post don't you understand? Perhaps the link to the .deb package?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
To be fair, I think that he mean package in repositories. Which sounds like good place for such mature package
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-08-01 at 21:29.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
Thanks Estel. That's exactly what I mean. A package in extra-...

Last edited by cantruchd; 2012-08-02 at 04:13.

Thank you so much for this switching between USB modes, especially supporting charge mode.

So I have a question whether it is possible to charge n900 from active hub and at the same time use multiple devices with it? (ex. mouse, usb dongles etc)

Active hubs, most of the time, have separation (if even by single diode) of downlink current (actively provided from power source) and uplink, to never, ever, put power back to uplink.

That said, there are also many routers that doesn't follow this rule, or follow it "twisted way" (acting like Y-cable has been put between uplink and actual hub + no limits of current drawn by downlink, if this "like-y-cable" power is detected). In the latter case, You may charge device during hostmode.

Still, y-cable is the only way, that will work for sure, with all devices. Keep in mind, though, that this way, most hubs *won't* allow more than 100 mA per device (they still "think" that are powered from uplink hostmode device, with 500 mA max, so they reserve 100 mA for self and 100 mA per all 4 ports), so "H-cable" may be needed.

H-cable is same as Y-cable, but it also contain one cable part and plug for putting into active hub's power input. That type of cable covers every need, but You must be sure to have it ended with plug fitting into router's DC in, or use adaptors.

/Estel

// edit

Or alternatively to H-cable, You may sue both Y-cable, and hub's native power input adapter. Most of the time, it require two power adapters, though (one powering Y-cable, and one powering hub). H-cable decrease number of power supplies to 1 (but it must be powerful enough, 2A or more, preferably).
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
can we use direct adaptors or do we have to use a female to female usb adaptor in between? Reason for this question is because it was heavily stressed not to do this by mohammedAG in the following thread (when he initially announced his usb host mode):

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=usb+host+mode

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by tingu699 View Post
can we use direct adaptors or do we have to use a female to female usb adaptor in between? Reason for this question is because it was heavily stressed not to do this by mohammedAG in the following thread (when he initially announced his usb host mode):

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=usb+host+mode

he wrote
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I highly recommend you DO NOT! use direct adapters (microUSB to full size in one adapter || directly plugged into port), using those adapter will put a lot of stress on the USB port and may cause to be torn out![/b]
so it sounds like only a case of putting too much pressure to fragile microusb port on n900 and fear of mechanically ripping it apart, i see no other reasons not to use it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
he wrote

so it sounds like only a case of putting too much pressure to fragile microusb port on n900 and fear of mechanically ripping it apart, i see no other reasons not to use it.
i think am tiered. thanx

got this error :

Selecting previously deselected package usbmode.
(Reading database ... 53773 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking usbmode (from usbmode_1.0-1_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of usbmode:
usbmode depends on ke-recv (>= 3.19-14); however:
Version of ke-recv on system is 3.19-13+0m5.
dpkg: error processing usbmode (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for catorise ...

Tags
usbmode