Notices

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Ah, OK.

Or not OK, as is probably the case...

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
Ah, OK.

Or not OK, as is probably the case...
I know, he should have been banned instead of Arie, Arie was defending the developer who Rob32R called him a.... Well, let's stop spamming here, it's better to ignore him.. He makes a headache.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Originally Posted by mer2os View Post
Can't sync contacts, the whole app freezes as soon as I push the "Sync contacts" button. Even if I leave it for hours nothing happens.
I also tried to leave it overnight, but the phone rebooted by itself apparently.
I know some others have the same issue, but I couldn't find any solution.
Some tips please. Thx
make sure u're in good 3g/wifi coverage, then keep on restarting the wazapp everytimes after its sync (e wazapp will stop responding once it's choke up with massive offline msg), restart multiple time to retrieve all those offline msg then only you able to interact...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
I know, he should have been banned instead of Arie, Arie was defending the developer who Rob32R called him a.... Well, let's stop spamming here, it's better to ignore him.. He makes a headache.

AMD not picking on you but just one thing I would like to highlight;

I think we have given enough grief to the fella who did what he did...Let's move on and stop picking on him for the same thing...After all I posted a reply to the fella and after that I've seen 3-5posts saying the same thing...Everybody makes mistakes and I think he must have got the message by now

What happened to Arie well let's put it aside for the moment and I can assure you there will be discussions regarding this but not at the present moment [i.e. Wait for Arie to return]...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-09-12 at 09:46.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
AMD not picking on you but just one thing I would like to highlight;

I think we have given enough grief to the fella who did what he did...Let's move on and stop picking on him for the same thing...After all I posted a reply to the fella and after that I've seen 3-5posts saying the same thing...Everybody makes mistakes and I think he must have got the message by now

What happened to Arie well let's put it aside for the moment and I can assure you there will be discussions regarding this but not at the present moment [i.e. Wait for Arie to return]...
I know, I even said this: "Well, let's stop spamming here, it's better to ignore him" Btw when will he return?

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by amd View Post
i know, i even said this: "well, let's stop spamming here, it's better to ignore him" btw when will he return?

15/09/12...

Edit: Ignoring someone and calling him a headache is also giving grief...If he still asks stupid questions then well I have no comment to make but otherwise just forget whatever happened and move on...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-09-12 at 09:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I've only used Whatsapp on my N9, so with this current version, besides minor bugs can we say this version is now complete? Or what's still missing?

First post here even though I’ve been following since the beginning. First, let’s give credit where credit is due, a big thanks to the AMAZING developers working on this thing (Tgalal, CeciPerez, Knobtdiver and others). Seeing the news about Whatsapp being ported to the N9 was the thing I needed to actually buy it and for that alone thank you.

Regarding the latest version, I am getting that infamous red dot bug. I have tried all the recommendations (re-install/re-boot/delete .db/restart multiple times etc etc) to no avail – it just doesn’t work.

Since I have 2 different numbers, one of them with an official Whatsapp on BB, I have tried different things, and I’m wondering if maybe the problem could be that Wazapp, even though it is connected and sending out messages, does not detect who is online in the contacts and hence ‘tricks’ the servers into not sending out the messages that the N9 should receive.

I’m basing this idea on the fact that I can see on the BB that the N9 is online, but the messages I send to it from the BB do not get the second tick that means they has been delivered ; and also because no matter what contact I look at on the N9, I never get the ‘last seen’ time and date. Thus it would appear that the N9, even though online, does not get the information from the server about who in the contacts is online.

Does that make sense ? I hope it does. Just wondering if this could be a lead to the solution for the developers.

Looking forward to the next iteration 

(in the meantime, if someone has a creative new way to potentially get rid of the red dot bug that has not been mentioned, I’ll take it gladly !)

The Following User Says Thank You to BobMarley For This Useful Post:
Guys, with the last dev version, the red box issue, does NOT get fixed with a restart anymore.. Tried everything.. Literally.. It's not a big deal, but I think that's the only problem left..

Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
Hey, why dont you try syncing with a subset of the contacts? ie select only about a 100 contacts and see if it works.

I say this because I have about 120 contacts in wazapp, and 200~ overall in my phonebook and it works OK for me.
Um, like I said. It won't allow me to select anything or interact at all when that screen comes up.

If I don't close Wazapp, it will eventually hard-freeze and the phone will reboot.

Last edited by bluefoot; 2012-09-12 at 11:20.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp